1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Fly a decapitated MP Evangelion into space

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Gibbynator, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Gibbynator

Gibbynator Void-Bound Voyager

MP Eva's are pretty cool. They can make giant seeds of life transform into your dead girlfriend with jugs the size of Mt. Everest, and help turn the entire human race into delicious Tang. And of course, they like eating gingers. What's not to love? You can pilot your very own Eva head with this new mod, which will have the following features.

• Expanded fuel supply. The S² Engine is great and all, but we don't want it to cause the 4th impact to Starbound, so SEELE made me unplug it. The internal battery can be refueled by the pilot, so it will last you way more than 5 minutes if you keep it well supplied.
    • Storage space. Asuka removed some stuff from this dude's head during her fight, so we converted it to more storage space for you. Enjoy a larger amount of room to customize your Entry Plug than the default ships.
    • New engines. Starbound's basic engines do not compare to the power of the AT field. So you will be getting new ones.
    • Will be compatible with a future modloader that has yet to be announced, which will have a ton of awesome new features. (not going to leak any details or other info about it, they will announce it when it is ready to be announced ;) )

Expected release date to be around Christmas time, the perfect companion to your Santa Kaworu Puchi Eva figure you just unwrapped. Complete with AT-field powered engines and a Kaworu-fueled Dummy Plug piloted FTL drive, this will be your new favorite way to travel the universe. If it wasn't blatently obvious, I'm not Hideki Anno, so I don't own the Evangelion series or any related contents. Screenshots will be coming soon.

Attached is a preview of the ship. Progress is being made quickly.

Update1: Attached the first test of the Eva head. Needs a bit of work on the lighting and stuff, and the engines are not showing up correctly. Gotta fix that.

test1.png

Update 2: The engines are still (Not) working, but at least the ship is fully functional.
    test2.png

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. hakari

hakari Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this a joke? It is supposed to be funny?

3. Taiine

Taiine Pangalactic Porcupine

Someone also apparently needs to grasp you can't draw these ships out with anti-alias turned on. Or you get them very ugly outlines.

4. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

id prefer an EVA as a mecha

5. Gibbynator

Gibbynator Void-Bound Voyager

hakiri -
    Not a joke, it's funny if you want it to be.

Taiine -
    I did a vector trace of a scene from End of Evangelion, and I forgot to turn that off. I'll definitely fix it, but figuring out why engines are not showing up is a priority now. I didn't spend that much time optimizing, since I just wanted to get it in game first.

Lelouch -
    Putting an 80m tall movable cyborg into the game would take forever to do, since there is pretty much no framework to make one. Plus it would just be overkill.