1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Fluffalo mechanics?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jaymee_murder, Jun 8, 2016.

1. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was wondering if they're keeping fluffalos being sold at the terramart cheap, or they could make them really expensive at the terramart and make it so you have to either pay loads or go out into the world to find herds. The herds would spawn rarely in biomes that suit that type of fluffalo, these guys will only be tameable with capture pods, to capture them for farming you'd wait for them to lay eggs and then pick up the eggs.

I was also thinking the domesticated ones could lay eggs as well and you could use the eggs as produce + go up to them with a bottle/bucket and farm fluffalo milk

TheFloranChef likes this.
  2. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

I played the Nightly version, and yes, they're bought as eggs in Terramart (but they're a bit expensive)
    The eggs act as crops placed on any ground, and when they start having a hatching animation, you can interact with it so a baby Fluffalo comes out.
    There's also different types of food for the Fluffalo (with ridiculous names) that will make them grow into a specific adult variant.
    And when they're adults, they're basically mobile crops you can farm for ingredients such as venom sample or molten core for crafting stuff.

But... I haven't really seen one in the wild and I haven't yet tested it with a capture pod.
    And no, they're not milkable, yet.

3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Basically, afaik, it looks like Fluffalos are one of the components meant to complete out farming as a way of progressing through the game's tiers.

Ursa Miner might, ironically, be the other mean. I can see it easily.... start a small farm production.... buy a Terramart shipment station as soon as you can to generate pixels even faster. Use those pixels to buy ore from Ursa Miner. Then buy fluffalos eggs for the rare components one can harvest for them to be able to craft some of the more advanced stuff without having to fight monsters for them.

The fact that the teddy bear required to unlock the Ursa Miner specifically require cotton fibre, a farmable fabric, actually makes me feel that it is part of this equation that Ursa Miner was meant to be part of even if it also can be used by others than just farmers.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  4. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

I'm going to go full Stardew Valley on my second 1.0 playthrough now. Setup sprinklers to auto-water fields of crops to sell so I can buy ore, etc.