Digital Floran Party

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jonus, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Jonus

Jonus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

"Floran requires no fee for adventure, your food and equipment is it's own reward." - Floran Guide

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

it looks rly good!!~
    can't wait to see more if you do any~~

Alkanthe and Jonus like this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Wow! That's very very good! Seems like so many excellent artists are cropping up everywhere!

Jonus and rhomboid like this.
  4. Iskiribbles

Iskiribbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks awesome!! Cant wait for more!

Jonus likes this.
  5. Jonus

Thanks everyone. Well, I got to get back to proper posing and expression practice before I attempt another. I normally don't do fan art but anything is better than nothing.
    I took a "slight" detour after just the first character which gradually evolved into the floran and whole scene, I will be honest, absolutely no clue where the direction was heading with this. I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn, hopefully to adopt a cleaner art style and to give my works more expression to allow people to 'feel' the scene. There is a number of good artists floating on these forums using StarBound as their output doing just that, their experience is showing and I'm grateful for what they've shared with the rest of the world.

Iskiribbles and rhomboid like this.
  6. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

omg though
    i am always supportive of making art and improving at art!~ \o/

but if that is not clean

/cries

Jonus likes this.
  7. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

It looks amazing, perfect I'd say

Jonus likes this.
  8. Jonus

Well I'm still gaining practice with the medium (I was generally a Pixel Artist rather than a Digital Artist), but I know I'm still over complicating things, over-detailing in some places. Its an old issue I've had that has come back, where I keep trying to enforce texture to help with the flow of a surface. I recall one bit of fan art where someone drew their [owl based Avian], that to me is the ideal and has well controlled use of lighting and when to add additional shades for texture.

9. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Wow, that looks really good!

Jonus likes this.
  10. Fluffyswift

Fluffyswift Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks like a mash between Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) and Groot (Guardians of the galaxy). I cant unsee it :nurugasp:

Jonus likes this.
  11. Jonus

My mind went into a darker place thinking of either one of those characters "looting the bodies" once the rest of the party inevitably got mauled on the journey. lol