1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Flooring room offset behavior

Discussion in 'Support' started by eightspancrow, Mar 7, 2016.

1. eightspancrow

eightspancrow Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having a strange issue where flooring seems to be causing adjacent rooms to pick up the flooring of other rooms. For example, I have the first house upgrade where I have a kitchen, living room, and bedroom. Placing a new floor in the living room caused the bedroom's floor to switch to the kitchen tile pattern. Trying to fix this by replacing the living room's floor caused my bedroom to switch to the kitchen tile pattern! After putting down a new floor there, I now have a narrow hallway strip of kitchen tile.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if the hallway counts as a separate room, but most of the time when I replace the floor in the bedroom it picks that up, so one way or the other something's messed up.

I also had this happen when I put down a different floor in my living room, where it extended into the kitchen, but it seems to have gone away without replacing the kitchen tile (I've yet to see this same tile in shops). This feels like it could be an off-by-one error and causes some strange behavior over an extended period so I thought I'd report it. This person seems to have had a similar issue.

edit: I see in the 1.05 beta patch that "upgrading your house shouldn't ruin the location of flooring you've laid down" - not sure if the beta patch fixes the above issue too but it's not strictly limited to previous flooring.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016