RELEASED FLO - New Custom NPC [XNB & SMAPI]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by randomAnon123, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Can't wait to see what this turns into! I love adding more to the Joja Storyline, even though they're evil!

• iiSkyward

iiSkyward Void-Bound Voyager

Another glitch/bug thing: after I finish the community center, my entire game breaks. Once I fall asleep my screen darkens, as if the next day is going to start, but the game just freezes after that...

I've tried removing the mod but the game breaks even further because I'm guessing the some of the files Flo replaces are really needed... so any idea on what I should do?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Post a log so people can actually figure out the problem, rather then post a generic "the screen went black" message that could mean anything >_>

randomAnon123 and Borodin like this.
        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Clever idea to integrate a new NPC in the community! And the look is perfect. Kudos on this addition.

Jaata likes this.
          • dangitdaisy

dangitdaisy Void-Bound Voyager

i tried to add Flo with smapi but every time i load the game i would get this

[08: 33:56.736 PM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.NPC StardewValley.Game1.getCharacterFromName(System.String)'.
            at FlorenceMod.FlorenceMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
            at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick() in Z:\Projects\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Events\Game.cs:line 80

i dont know what i did wrong

• manzaralol

manzaralol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

he need a better texture, and also he looks like a dragon ball character ;(

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Bruh why do you hurt me in such ways
                4367124+_d6ebd3bb5bee313b03bad5d01c88f323.jpg

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I am also getting this error with the SMAPI version. Have you found a solution?

• dangitdaisy

No I havent found a solution yet. Im just gonna keep trying till I figure something out.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Full log.

• dangitdaisy

[13:12:05 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.6 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
                        [13:12:05 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
                        [13:12:06 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
                        [13:12:06 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
                        [13:12:06 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: CJB Cheats Menu by CJ Bok, v1.13 | Simple in-game cheats menu!
                        [13:12:06 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: CJB Item Spawner by CJ Bok, v1.6 | Simple in-game Item Spawner!
                        [13:12:06 TRACE SMAPI] FlorenceMod used Manifest.Authour, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                        [13:12:06 TRACE SMAPI] Preprocessing FlorenceMod.dll for compatibility...
                        [13:12:06 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: FlorenceMod by randomAnon123, v1.0.1 | Adds a new NPC named Florence to Stardew Valley. Original code by Travoos, badungu.
                        [13:12:11 TRACE SMAPI] FlorenceMod used Mod.Entry(object[]) instead of Mod.Entry(IModHelper), which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                        [13:12:11 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: Trainer Mod by Zoryn, v1.0 | Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating.
                        [13:12:11 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 4 mods.
                        [13:12:11 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
                        [13:12:11 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
                        [13:12:11 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                        [13:12:18 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                        System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.NPC StardewValley.Game1.getCharacterFromName(System.String)'.
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in
                        D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 32
                        [13:12:18 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                        System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.NPC StardewValley.Game1.getCharacterFromName(System.String)'.
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in
                        D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 32

It keeps repeating the error in the log.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Looks like CA added a optional argument to the method, the SMAPI version of the Flo mod needs to be recompiled to use the new CIL data.

• Alenxoxo

Alenxoxo Orbital Explorer

What does it mean?
                            is all of Flo features only avaible using the smapi version or only the heart event?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

- He even participates in three of the festivals! (Flower Dance, Dance of the Moonlight Jellies and Feast of the Winterstar)* * Only with the SMAPI version.

• PlatinumStriker

PlatinumStriker Big Damn Hero

Well, i've got a problem. Everytime i try loading my game with EntoaroxFramework, i get this error log and my game won't load. But without the framework, it works without any problem. I have no clue why :s

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mod author does their own serializer override, blame them for not using the one build into EntoFramework exactly so stuff like this wont happen....

• PlatinumStriker

PlatinumStriker Big Damn Hero

Ah, well, darn. I really wanted it to be a silly thing that i had overlooked and could fix by changing a value or something. Guess that's 60 hours down the drain if i want to use all my other mods. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can use the XNB version still, all that really misses is him being there during some festivals.

• DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Wonder if he plans on continuing the mod. I can't get Flo to work with SMAPI anymore, and was hoping to see him at festivals.

Jaata likes this.
                                        • Kuromagus

Kuromagus Space Hobo

Such a shame I was looking forward for this mod and it's not working sadly. Lets hope that the owner of this mod will return and update it!

Jaata likes this.