RELEASED FLO - New Custom NPC [XNB & SMAPI]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by randomAnon123, Oct 11, 2016.

1. randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

Nope, that's exactly the game folder! So you installed it correctly.

• Lovable_Kisses

Lovable_Kisses Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder what happened then haha but it's good to know I didn't break my game atleast!

randomAnon123 likes this.
      • Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

I actually do think Joja is highly underdeveloped besides them being "evil" in the sort of way that Walmart is Affably Evil. I don't know if I'll wanna marry them, cause I don't swing that way.. but I DO like how well you made his portrait and sprites! :D

Kiakakash and randomAnon123 like this.
        • randomAnon123

I've already got a general storyline I'd like to follow, in addition to the heart events themselves, but it may change quite a bit.
          Hopefully it'll be able to meet expectations though!
          I'll try to not make it too anime (even though the inspirations for Flo are two of my favorite characters, Metal Bat and Mondo Oowada, and they're both so anime it hurts).

I actually moved my mouse over "Affably Evil" expecting it to be a pot hole. Damn you Pavlov!

Dakmordian likes this.
          • DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Um... I have kinda stumbled apon a new problem. A fairly sizable, game-breaking one, that I'm pretty sure has to do with this mod.

See, when I open the map to see where NPCs are (NPC Locations mod), the game goes black. I'm guessing the game is trying to find where Flo is, or the mod is, but since it can't, it just borks. >.<

• randomAnon123

Ah, that indeed seems to be a problem. I actually have the mod too, but I never thought of trying to open the map to see if it worked.
              I'll try to contact the creator of the mod to see if there's a way to add Flo as an option. No promises though.

• DJ_Zapple

Here's hoping! I guess until something crops up, I'll just have to use the wiki to find out where someone will be at a given moment. Though by now, I should have everyone's schedules remembered... z.z

• Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, even though I've been playing the game off and on since it came out, I still don't have locations or likes fully memorized. I have a basic gist of where people are likely to be and what some of the universal likes are (Ice Cream), but aside from a few like Pam (Parsnips) or Abigail (Amethysts), I still find myself needing to reference the wiki or the locations/loved gifts mods. There's just too many people and items for me to really be able to remember it all properly.l

• randomAnon123

I talked with Bouhm (the creator of the NPCMapLocations mod) and he said he'd make an attempt at adding custom NPC support to the mod.
                    So we just have to wait and hope for it to be possible :nod: I mean, it should be possible, but it could be a bit tedious.

• darkprince0521

darkprince0521 Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, such an interesting mod. This surely presents a huge scope for the modders and us. The story-line could be totally enhanced inspired by this.

randomAnon123 likes this.
                      • DJ_Zapple

I took a peek - he said he got it working, but it says Flo is always in the Saloon. (Not that it's too far off the mark, eh? :p I tease.) I also just wanted to point out that on rainy days, Flo disappears altogether until about 8:00 PM or 9:00 PM, where he walks into the Saloon. Dunno if that was intentional or not.

Still, the fact that Flo can exist in general has me re-inspired to work on my old mod idea! If only I could figure out how to add new locations to the game world...

• randomAnon123

It really isn't too off the mark, at least at the moment :rofl:
                          During rainy days he should be in the Joja Mart, though I'll probably change it up a bit later on.

• DJ_Zapple

In any case, I am loving this guy. It's only Spring 17, and I have him at three hearts already. He kind of reminds me of Kunio, from the Kunio-kun series of games, physically, but his heart of gold is awesome. Thought about adding him to festivals yet?

Dakmordian likes this.
                            • randomAnon123

I've thought about it, but I don't know if it's doable yet without SMAPI. I definitely want to add him to the Flower Dance though.
                              Also, is it just me or has it become way easier to romance NPCs?

• DJ_Zapple

Probably just you... I'm fighting HARD to romance Shane to four hearts before the dance.

• whereislaurita

whereislaurita Void-Bound Voyager

i having trouble with the coding, i download notepad++ but when i search find what it says its says Cant find text? i using the one with my famers name with numbers so i know its right but? idk what to do D:looks like this helo.PNG

• Zaane

Zaane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

go to Plugins > XML Tools > set it to Pretty Print (XML only - with line breaks)

if you don't have XML Tools you'll need to download those through Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager then find it on the list

this worked for me

• randomAnon123

It could be that it's a savefile from before the 1.1 update.
                                      In any case, maybe try to either follow @Zaane's advice or what I wrote in this other post.

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for this mod, it's neat! Will you possibly consider writing up a tutorial/general tip post about creating custom NPCs? I'd love to make one but don't know where to start.

• DJ_Zapple

I'd actually like a tutorial, myself. Though it might be best to hold off on a proper one until you find out how to add stuff such as putting the customs into festivals, or giving them birthdays. Unless you already figured those out!

Dakmordian likes this.