1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Flight of the FSS Foregone Conclusion

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AngleWyrm, Aug 21, 2017.

1. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A modded Floran walk-through

Mods installed:
    ------------------
    (W) Collectable Figurines
    automaticDoors.pak
    Community_Art_Pack.pak
    CuteBound
    EnhancedStorage_v5.4.3.pak
    food_stack.pak
    FrackinUniverse-5.4.287
    Idle Miners
    IlluminatedOres_default.pak
    instant_crafting.pak
    kao_delag
    low_health_alarm.pak
    mods.txt
    No Biome Music
    No Shadows
    Optimizebound.pak
    OptionalErchius
    portableoutpost
    QuickbarMini.pak
    skippable_cinematics.pak
    SpawnableItemPack.pak
    StardustLib for transmatter networks.pak
    StarTech transmatter networks.pak
    Tenants
    transmute
    TrueSpace1.12.pak

As it turns out, the easiest way for me to reliably present pages is through PDF docs, and so rather than attempt to translate that to another format, I'd like to preset the story in that easily open-able format.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Pangaea likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Confused as to what this is...

3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

thats pretty interesting. would you not also be able to present all that in a series of images?

4. AngleWyrm

It might be do-able with a table, but it would include automatic borders assigned by the forum software; their implementation of tables doesn't appear to support the border="0" table tag. I'll give it a go with a content update later today.

EDIT: Seems it's rather labor-intensive and error-prone attempting to translate a word doc for presentation in the forums.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. AngleWyrm

Added pages 3-4, Establishing a Farm and the Old Mines

6. AngleWyrm

Added pages 5-6, the desert moon and Experimental Experiments

7. AngleWyrm

Added pages 7-9, Tabula Rasa and Happy Campers

8. AngleWyrm

Added page 10, Sparrow

9. AngleWyrm

Added page 11, Boys can't shop

10. AngleWyrm

Added page 12, Devin the Hula dancer

Server processing limits require me to break the file size into a new chapter.

11. AngleWyrm

Added page 13, A Glitch in the matrix

12. AngleWyrm

Added page 14, Pineapple Express

13. AngleWyrm

Oh hi, I'm Betty -- just here to pay my last wishes to Ivy. Yeah apparently she died of a broken heart when she couldn't craft basic Floran furniture. Since then we've instituted a new policy: Everyone gets a bamboo seed before they set out on their voyages.

[​IMG]
    BTW, anyone feel like modding in some Zydrate?

So I've picked up some interesting new mods; one that allows me to scan things for the blueprint instead of stealing them. Nice work! Another that gives extra hotbar buttons, and a little modification by me: I've added 1 bamboo seed as part of the starting Floran inventory.

14. AngleWyrm

It's still legal in parts of the galaxy

Did you know you can do this? I didn't even know this was possible.
    [​IMG]
    And by 'this' I of course mean toasting marshmallows while operating a spacecraft.

15. AngleWyrm

Healing Waters

Cinthia, Ivy's sister, and Squiggles set out to take up where Ivy left off.
    [​IMG]
    Fun things to mod into the game might be a wooden fishing pole and fishing net.

On my way down to the lava levels for core fragments to build the coal driller, I found a natural healing bath. So my first three manipulator modules are going to go towards a liquid extraction upgrade.
    [​IMG]

When rain forms pools and ponds on the surface, it's possible to alter those pools with just a dab of liquid. Poison the water and the whole pond becomes poison; so I'm gonna make a set of rainwater collection basins, and put some of this healing water in one of them.

16. AngleWyrm

Apples and Oranges

[​IMG]

This guy was telling me about his apple orchard, and how delicious apples are.
    Apparently he actually eats apples; I guess that's just part of the food chain that developed on this world.

Florans aren't herbivores, eating apples makes us ill.
    Also, I think apple trees might attract bats.
    [​IMG]

17. AngleWyrm

Passengers
    I needed a bunch of coal to construct my Idle Miner, and was planning to jump to a nearby system that had a planet suitable for colonization.
    Seems these guys paid for a trip as passengers with coal.

[​IMG]

Could be an interesting mod

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  18. AngleWyrm

Ursa Minor
    Dropped off the miners at their new mountain home, where there's plenty ore to mine.
    [​IMG]

I was going to settle the tabula rasa moon in orbit around that mountain world, but it was infested with giant rock worms that tore through the landscape. So I relocated to a nearby barren world in this system. The main reason for the interstellar hop to this solar system was the original Lush world had an Avian tomb biome beneath the surface which is very hard to cut through, and the tenants were giving me missions to destinations beneath that.

After re-settling this new barren world, the tenant quest missions have been to go to an Apex research facility nearby and close to the surface...My new lab! It came stocked with a cute lab assistant/merchant, and the village tenants are still giving me missions to go to the lab and deal with this-or-that.
    [​IMG]

Since I've separated the shops to the mountain world, the crafting to the lab, and minimized the interaction objects in town, the tenant village of four colonists plus a couple guests has been lag-free.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  19. AngleWyrm

Upgrades
    The tenants have been giving me sequentially harder quests, and I've finally reached the place where even the temporal swarm of Zerglings that are an aspect of what I can summon grow tired of their endless raids on a camp site. You know how Zerglings can get when they stay up past their bedtime.

Excerpt from the Book of Cagliostro
    Warnings section
    Temporal swarms are time sensitive when summoned outside their home dimension of Chronos, and tend to become chronically whiney.

So it's time for some better armor, brought to life from the depths of the sea with a little helping of Neptunium. It took upgrading most of the work stations to Tier-2, a lot of titanium, some silk and oil to produce the Nautilus armor set, but it fits in well with the theme.

Steampunk Debbie showing off her new outfit to the crew
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  20. AngleWyrm

The Village
    On this barren world there is no daylight, even when the star is in view. So I've placed a moth trap outside the door to act as a sort of clock; during the nighttime hours it lights up and attracts moths.

The tenants were having trouble operating a hatch between the ground floor and the second floor. It had been functioning as a door between the seafarer's quarters and the hula dancer upstairs. But it would not open in response to tenants jumping up the ladder, and they got stuck in an endless loop of jumping. I've since replaced the hatch with a regular door, and the ladder shaft area became part of the seafarer's quarters.

[​IMG]