1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue FIXED - SMAPI - cannot load saved game after updating mods to beta

Discussion in 'Support' started by mary1793, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Nope, that's a different issue. That one might be a game or content bug though. Does it happen reliably when talking to Haley when she's holding her camera? If so, what if you temporarily rename your Mods folder (to disable all mods) and reset your content files?

• mary1793

mary1793 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello @Pathoschild -- sorry for the late update! Okay, so I tried playing with my other saves first before I replaced everything again. And this time - it happened when I tried talking to Sam while he was playing his skateboard.

After that I did as you advise and so far it is running fine since I chose to put back my mods one by one and limit the change in Xnb files. Its really hard not having the XnB mod work for BETA so now, I just replaced the portraits and the hair.

Thanks for helping me out so much!!! I'll try to play with not too many mods in one go and see how it will turn out. You're the best! :D

• YapzOr

YapzOr Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@YapzOr You have a lot of mod updates available (see 'suggested fixes' at the top of the log page), but the error seems to be Befriend Marlon failing and not removing its custom NPC class. You can try removing that mod, or come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord and I'll send you a build of the pull request I submitted to the author which should fix a number of issues like that.

• YapzOr

YapzOr Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah at first I thought save screen loop had something to do with Farm upgrade like you said in your previous comment but then I checked the log and saw the issue, I'm new to the game just started playing 3 days ago so I don't know a lot of stuff a friend recommended it to me and I can say this is one of the best game in the world. Thanks for this game and I don't own for now but when I'll get the money I'll make sure to support it's authors by purchasing the product :)