Fix snow melt on non-snowy planets

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by lunatikfringe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. lunatikfringe

lunatikfringe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know this has been brought up before, and it is clearly not a critical issue. However, it is quite an annoyance and a negative experience if you build on a Forest or other planet that has the occasional snowfall. Snow that accumulates on these planets never melt. It just ends up looking really strange on a lush green planet with a perpetual layer of snow on everything.

It would be nice if the snow layer had a decay timer that caused it to "melt" after some time as long as it wasn't still snowing. I know in the past the weather mechanic incorporated temperature and I think the snow used to melt when this was in place. Hopefully Chucklefish can take a look and make a quick modification to the weather mechanic to allow for this.

Thanks!

Sharp(JQ) likes this.
  2. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, my brother has a small colony on a forest planet, and it's bugging him a lot.

3. DeMoN100

DeMoN100 Void-Bound Voyager

Snow inside interiors where light is over it should melt also this is really a nuisance especially since my manipulator is fully upgraded and one click ends up destroying my tables when I am trying to clear snow on the floor!