REQUEST Fix honey harvest.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by zarzaz, Nov 4, 2017.

1. zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can someone make a mod that fix honey harvesting.
    When 'flower honey' is ready to harvest and accidentaly harvest flower near bee house automatically honey becomes 'wild honey'.

lannihamm likes this.
    • Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

OK, so I tried to make this. And turned out that it is much harder to do than I thought, as honey is created at the moment you click on a bee house and there is no easy way to catch it.
      Anyway, with some effort (ritual dances, magic spells and Harmony (by pardeike) included) I've got something working. And it even functioned more or less reliably during testing. Plus as a bonus there is an option to add object IDs of crops that should be considered flowers, which makes it possible to gather honey from flowers added by mods (or to add potato ID and gather potato honey :3).

PS I've some ideas on how to expand this mod, so If there will be positive feedback, I'll try to do it.

Attached Files:

DragonDreads and lannihamm like this.
      • Diotheawesome

Diotheawesome Poptop Tamer

that also happened to me but its not a big deal, I can just see if my mouse is showing + or nothing.

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I've downloaded the mod but unsure of how exactly it works so thought I'd double check. It's winter time at my farm atm so can't test it for a few more days. But even if we accidentally pick the flower at the beehives it will remain the floral honey and not switch to wild honey?

EDIT: So I keep getting this error and not sure how to fix it

[17:50:15 ERROR SMAPI] Honey Harvesting failed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
          System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\46-HoneyHarvesting\Bee Sounds.xgs'.
          File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\46-HoneyHarvesting\Bee Sounds.xgs'
          at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
          at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile, TimeSpan lookAheadTime, String rendererId)
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile)
          at Honey_Harvesting.HoneyHarvesting.Entry(IModHelper helper)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, SContentManager contentManager) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 808

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
          • Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Big oops, I was experimenting with adding new sound for bees and forgot to comment out all of the unfinished code. I'm sorry((
            Here is a new version.
            As for your first question, yes. The mod's main function is to keep honey floral for a few days even if the flower was picked.

Attached Files:

DragonDreads and lannihamm like this.
            • DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for the update. It's working so far. I've already had one incidence of picking the flower instead of the honey from the hive and it's remained the floral honey. So yay! thank you.

• zarzaz

Thanks for reply for mod.
                I have error like this:

Code:
                [17:28:40 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the InputEvents.ButtonPressed event:
                System.MissingMethodException: Nie odnaleziono metody: 'Boolean StardewModdingAPI.Events.EventArgsInput.get_IsActionButton()'.
                   w Honey_Harvesting.HoneyHarvesting.btnPressedMonitor(Object sender, EventArgsInput e)
                   w StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) w C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:wiersz 65
                [17:28:40 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the InputEvents.ButtonPressed event:
                System.MissingMethodException: Nie odnaleziono metody: 'Boolean StardewModdingAPI.Events.EventArgsInput.get_IsActionButton()'.
                   w Honey_Harvesting.HoneyHarvesting.btnPressedMonitor(Object sender, EventArgsInput e)
                   w StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) w C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:wiersz 65
                [17:28:44 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the InputEvents.ButtonPressed event:

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Huh, strange. In what circumstances does this error happen? And does it happen consistently?

• zarzaz

this error happen when i start game.
                    Yes.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

That would be interesting.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

@zarzaz From what I can tell it's a SMAPI problem. Are you using SMAPI 2.1? And can you upload a full log?

• zarzaz

I update SMAPI and it works. Thanks.

• Amburr

Amburr Phantasmal Quasar

Any chance this will be updated? I'd love to input the ID's for modded flowers!! I'd love to make ALL the honeys!!