1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial fix for nightly 08/11/2015

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by krazybluemonkey, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazybluemonkey

krazybluemonkey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i say that mostly because the first time i did it, none of the folders above items were unpacked, such as ai or biome

2. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

AI and Biome folders seem to have unpacked... we shall see once the files are all copied to the Fix mod folder.....
    Edit: nope... couldnt find the cinimatic animation for chuckles again... oh well...
    thanks for your help though!

Edit2: although its weird cus i see the file its talking about in the unpacked files!

3. krazybluemonkey

at this point, all i can do is give you two screenshots and hope it helps better.
    fix1.png fix2.png

4. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

Ok... maybe thats the problem. i had looked up how to make a modinfo file but all they said in one thread was that all you had to do was named a notepad file "name".modinfo
    however i noticed yours was actually a different file type... this is prolly the problem. ima try to go look up how to do that again...

Edit: its always the most stupid things...
    i had to go disable hide known file extensions and resave the modinfo file....
    now it works LOL... thanks for your help

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  5. krazybluemonkey

not half wrong. when using notepad for this type of thing, make sure the "Save as type" is "All Files (*.*)" and then name it "fix.modinfo" or what ever name you'd like

6. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

(see last post for update, i had edited it as you responded i think)
    also am i the only one who has snails pace slow navigation window? takes like 5 minutes or more for it to show the starmap/solarsystem/planets... e-e
    its been doing this for the last few weeks but im the only one whos reported it so far....

7. krazybluemonkey

welcome as always
    on this one, it might be you're pc, mine loads in 5-10 seconds.

8. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

I doubt it.. its not clocking my cpu out (according to the meter) and i just got a godly amount of Ram a month ago... lol
    Edit: forgot to mention sometimes (less often..) it will load instantly. seems like optimization to me but iunno

9. krazybluemonkey

another thing could be that the universe generation is changed nearly every nightly build, so any old character / universes you might use could contribute to it's load speed

10. Alaine

Alaine Guest

if they not fix that?:ssssssssss:

11. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

I was thinking that as well... but it pains me to delete universes... now that portals are a thing... and expensive.... but i could prolly try moving the universe file out and let it generate a new one to see if it improves the speed and just replace the old universe file if it does not..

Edit: yeah it was my universe file....
    the navigation now loads really fast... i wonder if its cus i use alot of flags...? now that they actually are save points... but at the same time they arent even shown on the navigation panel. only the ship/personal teleporters... :/

12. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

half mods do not work within this nightly .......
    yesterday , those were running flawlessly
    Hi when you got problems with mods ,- you must unpack them first - and done !

13. Elaine Moonshine

Elaine Moonshine Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I just try your solution, but Nighlty continu to crash...
    Just to be sure : after copied the folder with the unpack file in the mods folder, create a fil .modinfo is enough for activate the mod ? or there is like a file to edit for activate mod ?

14. tarot

tarot Void-Bound Voyager

worked perfectly, youre awesome

15. Elaine Moonshine

Elaine Moonshine Void-Bound Voyager

After a second try, it's finally working for me as well (so it works for OSX)

You save my day :)

Thank you

Edit: good to know for OSX user, when you create the .modinfo be sure to create first a txt file (change the preference of textedit) because using .doc or rtf didn't work ..
    And then change the extension in modinfo

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  16. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hate to be a downer but if it was so easy to fix WHY didnt the NIGHTLY crew just do the same and we would be in business. The Process requires a bit to do and from what i read it might or might not require several attempts and even then it still isnt a sure thing. FOR that matter why didnt they just rollback the nightly to a update that actually worked. You would think that they would have a archive of it.

17. SwiftMustache

SwiftMustache Void-Bound Voyager

Nothing works at all. Nothing. I don't even know where to put the modinfo file exactly.

18. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Then you did it wrong. Simple as that.

Put it in the folder you copied to the mod folder with all the assets in it. You are basically making one huge mod of the default assets.

19. SwiftMustache

SwiftMustache Void-Bound Voyager

Then... I'm doing it right? It's not working anyway. Should I extract the assets again?

20. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

If you were doing it right, it would work. So no, you aren't doing it right.

Extract the assets using the Stable version unpacker.
    Copy the folder the assets were extracted to, to your Nightly mods folder.
    Put a *.modinfo file in said folder like any other mod. IE: The one that krazybluemonkey posted on the first page of this thread.
    Start game
    ???
    Profit

If that doesn't work, then you did something wrong, considering I just did it for myself and it worked just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.