1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed FIX for Corrupt Player Save Files / Recover Wiped Character

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Bacon, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How are they gone, can you load your char/ship just fine?

2. shailabh_sahu1

shailabh_sahu1 Intergalactic Tourist

everything with my character & inventory is fine everything else vanished

3. Well that is not a corrupt file then, if the changes you did on your ship are still there but not the items / locker contents someone may did grief and loot you :eek:

4. shailabh_sahu1

shailabh_sahu1 Intergalactic Tourist

@Bacon I'll play all over again,but i lost my metal work station, and what if I use the distress beacon again, will I get to fight the 1st UFO boss again? I had finished the 1st boss, made the metal work station and was fetching brains for the Robot...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. Gizblah

Gizblah Space Hobo

Hey Bacon! I was excited to see you found a nifty solution, though sad to say the starreader can't read the new player files after the update just now :c I think it's all lost unless the reader can be updated or something.

6. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

The save format is entirely different now, this thread is not relevant to the current version of Starbound.

7. Yes there are important changes that the reader itself can't follow up with the new systems. The old chars are lost for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.