1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Fishing... >:(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wadiv, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Wadiv

Wadiv Big Damn Hero

I like this game a lot, but my trouble with Stardew began the moment I started fishing. I've read many forums, guides, and youtube videos trying to figure out how to succeed, the problem is that fishing on a keyboard and mouse with the bamboo pole is just too insane. I've gone fishing in the river, in the sea and finally in a pond hoping for something calmer, but in every case the fish goes the other direction and my green bar goes shooting off in the opposite direction. This has caused a great deal of joy to be taken from the game for me. I even went looking for a fishing mod in hopes of bypassing the experience of fishing altogether while still being able to fish in the game. I have tapped, I have held the button down, I have even used the X and C buttons, nothing will please this bamboo fishing rod.

• sim2016

sim2016 What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

Same her. nothing i do works, the bar is out of control, i have tried with a game pad as well as mouse and keyboard and the bar just shoots up or down too fast.

• SGFTI

SGFTI Lucky Number 13

I agree that the fishing is super sensitive, so it is my lowest skill by far. I did find that I'm getting better at it as I do it more, but it is hard to motivate myself to do it. I also just find fishing mini-games boring, but that's personal preference.

I'm assuming as you level up fishing it gets easier, I'll eventually throw myself into it more just to get the community center fish.

• hkkane

hkkane Yeah, You!

I used Xbox 360 Controller,never had are problem on Fishing,
          just a old school mini game

• FiveFives

FiveFives Subatomic Cosmonaut

I use keyboard and mouse, no issue with fishing. I suspect a lot of the people having trouble are hooking things well beyond what a bamboo pole and novice fishing skill is meant to handle.
            That will happen, it's intended. The fish you hook is determined when you hook it, not when you catch it. Different fish fight with different intensity and different movement patterns. Try fishing somewhere else.
            Carp, for example, will practically just lay there while you reel them in.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
              Kiaito likes this.