Fishing Quest

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by JoftheTman, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JoftheTman

JoftheTman Void-Bound Voyager

A side quest introduced early in the game, given by a fisherman NPC at the outpost. The quest will basically start with, "No one around here likes to fish. Maybe if you picked it up I could have something in common with someone here?" or something like that. The quest would start with something like 'craft a fishing rod' as its first task, then you could get rewards from the NPC by filling up your fishing collection. For example: A very small, generic reward for catching your first fish on a new type of ocean planet. A decent, generic reward for catching half the fish on a type of ocean. A large reward for catching all fish on a certain type of ocean, with the reward being specific to that ocean type. And finally, a grand-prize award for catching all fish. It would bring some attention to,what is in my opinion, a really cool feature in Starbound.

Do you like fishing? I bet you do. Here's a thread I made about an all-new planet idea entirely devoted to fishing: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/lake-planets.129808/