Fishing much harder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzzyman, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Is fishing harder now?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  3. can't decide

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

I can memorize it all I want, doesn't make my hands behave any better.X3

• Pyrofish

Pyrofish Starship Captain

well I mean like
      that's all it is
      it's just pattern memorization. It's not difficult. You just need to practice and learn the patterns. Unless, like, you've got dementia or some junk, you'll be fine, dude
      build up that muscle memory dude

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hear you, lol. I've caught all the fish, but now when I see a legendary pop up, I just let it go before I make a fool of myself. There was... much yelling on the last leg of that achievement.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
        • ChaosAzeroth

Right? I've managed to catch every kind but the legend and the other legendaries. Though sometimes the hard end decide to kick a fuss and get away too. Sometimes they can't make up their minds what they want to do and how hard they want to be. I've seen void salmon be mid-easy patterns and speed and then randomly be on the hard end of it for no discernible reason. I mean it's the same exact fish why is it switching up so much?X3

Seismothesaurus likes this.
          • Pyrofish

Likely because it has the Mixed pattern.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm honestly not sure how to respond to this other than to say just because you find something easy does not mean someone who finds the same task hard is mentally deficient. People are different, with their own strenfths and difficulties. It's a poor judgement to mistake lack of ability for weakness.

My fishing skills are good by the way. I post in fishing threads because I am good at it and seek to be helpful to others with advice. I'll leave boastings and presumptions to others.

• Pyrofish

I'm very clearly fucking around if I list bloody dementia as a reason someone can't fish, come off it.

Yes, and the lack of ability will be easily fixed by learning and practice. That's what I'm getting at.

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

A couple of fish are difficult to catch... such as the legendaries, lava eel, and the octopus. But that's fine. They're meant to difficult, because if those fish aren't difficult to catch then nothing is difficult to catch. It's good to have some challenge, and some variety.

Besides, if you eat food for +fishing bonus and use a trap bobber, then even the most difficult fish are not difficult any more. When you're on level 13 fishing with a trap bobber, you can catch anything with very little effort.

sabrinatw and ChaosAzeroth like this.
                  • ChaosAzeroth

A fair point. I'd love to see the bar with that. :3

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Super-Cucumbers.... ugh...

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

I really can't say if this is due to your health problems or if you are simply out of practice. For your sake, I really do hope it is the latter and not the former.
                        Fishing hasn't gotten any harder for me personally since I learned it, though it take a little while for me to get back into the groove if I haven't played for a few months.

• karthos1000

karthos1000 Void-Bound Voyager

I've caught three of the legendaries now. Angler, Glacierfish, and Crimson Fish. Haven't tried for either of the others. Glacierfish was a tough one. I ate food to give me level 13 in fishing, and then it was just a matter of hoping he stayed still enough for long enough for me to nab him. Even there it took eight (in-game) hours and two buffing meals to succeed.

ChaosAzeroth and Rauchschwalbe like this.
                          • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe you lack of practice, but if youre playing a new game, if you miss fishing during the spring and decide to start fishing in summer (with lv1 in fishing) it will be a lot harder! Because most of the summer fish moves very fast.

• LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

I was just coming on to ask if fishing is harder with a controller vs a keyboard. I got SDV for the XBox recently after paying for a year+ on the PC. I've just started year 2 and have started fishing. Bloody hell it seems much harder than it was on PC. I get that it's harder in the beginning and I've taken a break but it only took me about ten fish to get the hang of it last time.

Taking a lot more than ten fish this time....!!

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I only play with the Xbox controller and use my mouse for watering, I never had a issue with fishing, but I read here and there that fishing with the keyboard is harder.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think that I've figured it out. It used to be that the fishing buffs and tackle were not really necessary once you have the iridium rod and a skill of 10. Now for anything over about 80 difficulty both tackle and food fishing buffs are basically required. It makes sense in retrospect to make them required for the harder fish because otherwise, why have the tackle and food buffs in the game. It just would have been nice to know that that was what changed.

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Good sleuthing! I don't remember ever seeing that spelled out before.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and the different tackle works more or less with different fish, so if one doesn't seem to be helping, try different tackle

• Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Space Spelunker

I can't remember what tackle I was using , but one tackle I used helped me get a pufferfish I think it's called ?
                                        Anyways , I had a lot of difficulty mastering the controls for fishing initially but practice does help a bit I think .
                                        I know for me after 3 days of fishing , I improved with the timing .