1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Fishing doesn't work on Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emma Gruenschnabel, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Emma Gruenschnabel

Emma Gruenschnabel Intergalactic Tourist

Hello everyone,
    I am playing Stardew Valley since some weeks on Nintendo Switch and most things work well. My only problem is, fishing doesn't work, or I didn't get the trick yet. Games like this are completely new for me, and my English isn't very good. So, if someon could tell me, what I have to do in simply words, or better in German.
    Thanks
    Emma Gruenschnabel

• GlowingOrb

GlowingOrb Space Hobo

Also, du gehst mit ner Angel an ne Wasserstelle / Fluss / Meer / See und wirfst sie aus.
      Sobald etwas anbeißt (Ton und Virbation) ziehst du die Leine ein (Y).
      Dann beginnt ein Minispiel. Ziel des Spiels ist es, den Fisch im grünen Bereich zu halten. Dazu musst du wiederholt Y drücken (Für jedes drücken von Y geht der Bereich nach oben. Wenn du nicht drückst sinkt der Grüne Bereich nach unten)

--

So, you go with a fishing rod to a water / river / sea / lake and throw it out. As soon as something bites (sound and virbation) you pull the leash in (Y). Then a mini-game begins. The aim of the game is to keep the fish in the green area. To do this you have to press Y repeatedly (for each press of Y the area goes upwards, if you do not press the green area goes down)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019
      • The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Hi, while it is great you want to help the person in their native language.
        We have a rule that you need to provide an English translation with your post to help moderation have a pulse on what is going on through a quick scan
        [ Google translate is more than fine ]

I added a translation for you this time.

• GlowingOrb

GlowingOrb Space Hobo

@The | Suit Thanks, i wasn't aware of that.

@Emma Gruenschnabel
          2 kleine Anmerkungen/Korrekturen zu meinem Post von gestern: Wenn du Y gedrückt hältst, geht der grüne Bereich nach oben, wenn nicht nach unten - d.h. du musst Y wiederholt in der richtigen Geschwindigkeit drücken um ihn stabil zu halten. Manche Fische sind aber mit der Standardausrüstung und ohne Angelerfahrung sehr schwer zu fangen.

2 small additions/corrections to yesterdays post: When keeping Y pressed, the green area will move up. IF not, it will move down i.e. you have to keep pressing Y repeatedly to keep the green area stable
          . Some fish are really hard to catch with the default fishing pole and without levels in fishing.

• Beatrice1

Beatrice1 Yeah, You!

I’m playing on iOS and the fishing is not working. I even use food and try different places but no luck! Please fix

• Emma Gruenschnabel

Emma Gruenschnabel Intergalactic Tourist

herzlichen Dank für die ausführlichen Anweisungen. Ich habe sie ausprobiert, aber bei mir kommt kein Minispiel mit einem grünen Balken :nurusad:. Wenn ich die Angel auswerfe kommt ein Balken, wie weit der Haken fliegt. Das funktioniert ganz gut. Dann kommt irgendwann ein Vibrieren und ein Ausrufungszeichen über dem Kopf meiner Spielfigur. Wenn ich dann Y drücke passiert nichts, und wenn ich es wieder loslasse, holt meine Figur die Angel ein und wirft sie erneut aus. Da ist aber kein Minispiel mit einem grünen Balken. Muss ich irgendwas bei "Optionen" anders einstellen?

Thank You, I tried this, but there is no mini-game with a green area. Do I have to change something in "Options"?

• Olli80

Olli80 Space Spelunker

I have the same problem with the game on Switch. I tried fishing very often. And only had 3 or 4 hits alltogether. I tried to find fishes at different places, but had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

• AdiposeArmy

AdiposeArmy Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry if I'm necro-ing this post but this is also something I'm struggling with. It makes the game much less fun if I can't fish :(