1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Fishing crash (vita)

Discussion in 'Support' started by teyavatch, May 24, 2018.

1. teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

I encountered an issue 13 or 14 days into Spring, year 1, wherein whenever I fish (specifically the river in town, although I think it can happen anywhere) if I catch a green algae or, in one case, a catfish, the game crashes.

I was using the beginning rod and had plenty of space in my 24-slot pack. Recurred over two dozen times before I gave up and reinstalled/started a new file.

Kept my old one in case there’s actually a fix. I’m mostly trying to confirm whether this is just me and, more importantly, if it’s likely to happen regardless of the save file itself.

• toodles90

toodles90 Space Hobo

I haven't started a new save yet, but I have run into the same problem multiple times now.

• teyavatch

Does it always crash on the same type of catch/same place? In my new save, it’s been hanging on seaweed/some ocean fish. This is making me weep.

edit: the error code is c-12828-1. I’ve tried all the fixes I can find and it still crashes on me. :(

Last edited: May 24, 2018
        • Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

Check out my vita thread on $15,000 in earnings. I was getting same error, and I think it is related to trophy earning. Airplane mode seems to be a fix, though I only tried it after reformatting - hopefully that step is not needed.

• teyavatch

I’ve tried reformatting, airplane mode AND just straight up disabling wifi. Sadly, none of that seems to have made any difference.

• Graxer

Graxer Intergalactic Tourist

The fishing crash has been happening for me too. It has happened three times in a single in-game day now, so I have stopped playing the game until it is fixed. (Also, hopefully the 15k bug too, although I haven't got there yet)

• teyavatch

I’m kind of glad to know it isn’t just me. I just wish I knew where to post that has the best chance of an official response. I’d lay off if someone involved just said “Ok, we know about this and are [doing whatever thing.]”

I can wait for a game patch/update. I just want to know it’s coming and isn’t something I personally did to piss the game off.

• Graxer

Graxer Intergalactic Tourist

It's ok, if you look at the comments of this reddit post a Chucklefish employee says they are aware of the fishing bug and looking into it with the team that ported it to the vita.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...ion_keeps_crashing/?utm_source=reddit-android

• teyavatch

Oh, wow. Not sure how I missed that one. That’s an actual team member at the bottom there, eh? Good news.

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Did you play the game on PS4 ? If so, It's probably related to the Fisherman trophies trying to unlock while you have it already from your PS4 since another crashes is linked to the 15k earning trophies on previous PS4 player (TBC).

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Yeah, even though it seems like Vita reports are buried under the multiplayer stuff here we're looking out for reports and have logged this one!

Thanks for taking the time to help us find it - please continue to report any issues you run into. We'll work on getting fixes in place asap, especially for crashes.

Doctor23 likes this.
                        • Veritech48

Veritech48 Poptop Tamer

This seems to be the case. I am also getting the crash on the fishing trophy, which is the only one I got on PS4. I am going to go for the $15k trophy on my lunch break today to see if that crashes too. If it doesn't, then I have to think it is connected to getting a trophy you already got on PS4. Also, airplane mode has not worked for me as a workaround.

teyavatch likes this.
                          • alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Probably airplane mode from the other thread worked because the Vita was formatted (so trophy info was wipped out) and the airplane mode prevent getting those PS4 trophy info's back.

• teyavatch

Whatever this fishing/income crash is and the resetting of eye colour are the only recurring bugs I’ve encountered in the three times I’ve reset/restarted.

Thanks so much for getting back to us! I don’t mind waiting to play such an excellent game as long as I know it won’t be unplayable forever. :)

I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for further announcements.

• Veritech48

Veritech48 Poptop Tamer

I got the $15k trophy with no problems, so it seems that the crash bug is connected to trophies you already got on PS4.

• teyavatch

...so all I have to do is make a new account and repurchase the game? Ha. Haha. No, can’t do that. BUT I AM THIS CLOSE.

• Doctor23

Doctor23 Aquatic Astronaut

Is there any idea when they will release an update because I have been looking forward to playing it on the vita but I don't want to carry on if I can't go fishing

• teyavatch

I don’t think there’s been any word on that, unfortunately. I just asked in another thread where the best place is to watch for announcements, but I haven’t received an answer yet.

• Veritech48

Veritech48 Poptop Tamer

Well, I went ahead and restored my Vita. Going to get the 10 fish trophy before I sync my trophies and then hopefully be good to go from there.

Update: Resetting my Vita and getting the fishing trophy while in airplane mode and before I had synced my trophies worked. Of course I was lucky that was the only trophy I had gotten on PS4.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
                                        • Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

You guys are awesome. These reports really helped narrow down the issue - it was a trophy conflict with already owned trophies causing these crashes.

There's a patch being processed which should be available either tomorrow or Wednesday if all goes well.

Catwah, teyavatch, Graxer and 2 others like this.