First game ever played

Discussion in 'Games' started by I_am_the_Storm, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahhh... Atari. It's shame I can't remember these times.
    (If you don't have a pain in knees and back, then you are young.)

2. Ironbeak

Ironbeak Big Damn Hero

My parents bought me so many edutainment games. You ever play this one?

maxresdefault.jpg

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  3. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Does injury from a motorcycle accident count?

4. Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

My first game was..... a PONG Machine....

5. I_am_the_Storm

Oh... I guess not. I hope it's nothing serious.
    Aren't those from 1972? They are priceless gems today.

6. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Unfortunately, no, could be culture differences though. I think my dad bought most of my games from a bootleg shop in the neighbourhood:rofl:

7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

From what I can remember the first game I ever played was either Lego Star Wars 1(don't question it, I was 5) or Sly Cooper. I still like the latter TBH

8. Zagl0

Zagl0 Void-Bound Voyager

First one was Rayman (the first, 2D one) when I was 4, close second was Serious Sam (first encounter) - was propably still 4 :D

9. Mogipoki

Mogipoki Void-Bound Voyager

It was probably Ty the Tasmanian Tiger on the Ps2 when I was 9 years old.

10. Ethereal Tundra

Ethereal Tundra Master Chief

My dad and I would play Tyrian on a really, really old computer together when I was 3 years old. He would call it "blow up ships" and we'd always try to get the carrot ship.

11. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

3rev.tsol_urenaik Phantasmal Quasar

Galaxian on the nes.

12. raichu_bae

raichu_bae Tentacle Wrangler

My first game was Mario Bros Deluxe for Gameboy Color, and my second game was Pokemon Red. You have no idea how bad I wish my first game had been Pokemon.

13. debra00

debra00 Space Hobo

My first game was Super Mario.

14. StarMan1

StarMan1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You guys may have not heard of this but my first game I’ve ever played was called Blue's Clues: Blue's Art Time Activities I was really young when I first started playing video games I was four at the time I believe.... which is weird since by the time I played it it was already four years old.....

Dankino and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  15. I_am_the_Storm

It looks... interesting, to say at least, It is definitely something that can entertain and educate young kids.
    Too bad we didn't had a better selection of these programs here. I could have been a different (better) person, since all we had was shooters, RPGs, racing/driving games, and such. Those few games which can be considered educational and were available for purchase in 'stone shops' (which is local term for shop with nearly everything in it for sale), were primarily in English, so that was not an option at the time.
    I just wonder now, if games like 'Blue's Clues' are still used in this age...

16. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Have I put my answer here?

If no, well, the first game I played would be Metal Slug. Me and my father usually play it together in the arcade. Using coins to add player life! Hah... those were the old days of gaming.

Now, I realise that Metal Slug have a gore in it. Blood everywhere, people got blown to nothing, soldiers got mutilated by heavy MG. I wonder why did my parents allow me to play it? We even play together. I mean, I was still a kid back there. Hmm... memory.

Dankino and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  17. I_am_the_Storm

The arcade games were first 'pay to play' kind of games. Still valid to this day, only in different format.

When I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old, every month my school arranged a trip to the swimming pool. There was an arcade cabinet with Metal Slug, right in the entrance. Since it were considered gambling, we were not allowed to even come close to it. But... I was young and curious, so when we waited for the bus, while teachers were drinking coffee in the pool's café, I put some coins in it and begun playing. It was awesome, and after minute, a friend of mine joined me as second player. We played for good five or so minutes, then teacher's voice echoed behind me... This resulted in preachment about negative influences of gambling and gaming to the whole class.
    I would do it again.

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  18. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Gambling? But the arcade game is just like some sort of game, which the chance of win is not depend on luck, but skills. We try our best beating each level, but if we lost, we were given a chance, but for a price. And if we win, we will get some tickets, than can be exchange in the counter. But, well, I could agree if some arcade game is gambling, like that cursed coin machine and the arcade game where we pick puppets, those two machine are devils. Only wasting my money. So, not all are gambling. Well, at least that's my point of view.

19. I_am_the_Storm

If you win at the arcade game, you can win a ticket of some sort? Interesting... Either I was doing something wrong, or arcade games here are not meant to give you some exchangable tickets.
    As far as I know, arcade machines here offers only a 'feel of satisfaction', if you win, or maybe lets you put your name in the High scores. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Nearly everything, that requires money to operate, or requires payment to the staff of facility in order to play, and can be seen as fun activity, is considered as 'gambling'... at least my teachers tought so back then, and many people are still thinking that way even today. Even so, they thought that if you put money in it, you immediately become a gambler, thus addicted to it, and automatically you need help, even if it was only once and perhaps just out of curiousity. I think that this statement is false, but it depend on how you look at it.
    And yes, I agree with you. Not all should be looked at as gambling. If someone often plays slots, sinking in it their wages, then sure, it is gambling, but if he/she once in a month stop by in sport bar with friends to relax, have fun, and play a few rounds of bowling, darts or try to get a High Score in the 'House of the Dead' arcade machine, then it is fine, in my opinion.

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  20. marlongil

marlongil Space Hobo

excelente amigos, me han dado unas ideas

excellent friends, they have given me some ideas

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2019