Fireplace is in the kitchen. Why is the fireplace in the kitchen?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by norafox, Mar 11, 2016.

1. norafox

norafox Void-Bound Voyager

This is really a small issue, but I just got the last house upgrade and my fireplace is suddenly in my kitchen, connected to the counters.

I liked it when the fireplace was in the living room, or the bedroom, those were both fine. But... the kitchen? Unless I'm starting a pizza business in the future, it makes no sense to me and looks bad.

It'd be fabulous if the fireplace was moved, or could be moved like a furniture item.

Isegrimm likes this.
    • Isegrimm

Isegrimm Void-Bound Voyager

The idea of moving the fireplace is nice, although now you mention it it really is strange.

Fireplaces in old buildings are usually in the kitchen, why is it there in a brandnew house, or more why did Robin move it there? ^^
      Even if i personally think it fits it is kind of strange because it was moved so far during the upgrades.

• Evendius

Evendius Astral Cartographer

I like it, but maybe that's cuz I would want one IRL...

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

The joys of interior design are infinite. That said, a movable fireplace would be nice. For those that don't like the rustic old-world kitchen Robin insists on giving us. Even though I kinda like it. xD Heck, make everything in the house movable.

norafox likes this.
          • Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

LOL sounds like the house I'm renting we have stove in the kitchen then about 10 ft away we have a wood burning stove close to the door for some reason and the stupid thing gets in the way more than being useful.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Hmm well I can only think of one thing for the fireplace being in the kitchen and thats brick fire stove pizza :p But yet it'd be cool to move the fireplace around :3

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

I like the idea of being able to move the fireplace

• TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

Well obviously you just have a kettle from it and cook some wicked forager stews.