Final Fantasy 14 Online

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gilligan Lanley, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

I've been sinking my teeth into this MMO recently, and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit, and the community seems decent enough.

I thought I'd make a post to see if anyone else plays and to get their take on the game. :3

2. Sequoia Valuin

Sequoia Valuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ayy! I main a WAR on the Cerberus Serve. i 206. :3

welcome to the community~

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  3. Gilligan Lanley

Nice! :D That's someone else I met from Cerberus. Sadly, I'm on Famfrit. X3

Thanks!~

4. Sequoia Valuin

Sequoia Valuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah! Shame.

which classes do you prefer so far?

Like I mentioned before, I main a WAR.

My secondary is SMN.

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'm on Excalibur server, currently on a break with the content for some real life projects. (Main NIN and DRK)

I will say its been a love/hate relationship for a bit longer than I care for. I'm kinda in this middle class that gets burned out by the df, yet the raids are too much on the hard side And I end up having to choose between wiping with friends or clearing with strangers. If 3.2 doesn't improve that as they are saying it will I'm going to give up on the dev team.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  6. Gilligan Lanley

Oh neat!

I've taken a liking to DRG; fanboy of Kain from FF4. :p
    I'm currently playing it as my main.

As for other classes, it hard to say which is better. I'm enjoying most of them. If I were to pick a second class to play, it's a toss up between BRD and DRK.

I just like the idea of the BRD in terms of both lore and gameplay. I couldn't get into leveling a ACN? That's the base class for SMN, right? I can't recall off the top of my head.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

ACN is the class for SMN and SCH, yes.

I love my DRK and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd run it by my static, but If I could make it my main that would be cool.

edit for double post: 3.2 has been turning to be interesting. the real test for it is whether it will be some months in at its 50th repitition, but at the outset it seems like itll be fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  8. Welkins

Welkins Space Hobo

I am on Faerie :D I main an AST

9. Gilligan Lanley

Lovin' the new update, just got back into it yesterday. Haven't had much time to do much of the new story (the story I write usually takes up most of my time if I'm not drawing). I will have a go at it tomorrow, however. So I'm really looking forward to it.
    Neat-o! I guess you could say I main DRG, but I'm messing around a lot with the other classes as well, so I don't really have a really geared end-game class yet. :nuruflirt:

10. TeepoDarkwing

TeepoDarkwing Void-Bound Voyager

I also play Final Fantasy 14. I actually played the original for about 5 1/2 months and then did something else. I came back to the game with the re-release of it. I love the changes, and am able to enjoy and play a lot more now, that being the reason I stopped on the original. I had to step away for a bit over a year for medical reasons, but am back and enjoying myself very much. I play on Ragnarok server and my mains... ummm... well... I have been holding back from going for Heavensward since my family plays with me and we cannot all be on at the same time and I don't wanna go too far ahead. I played WAR and DRG, love both but right now I am doing NIN, and my other character which is a crafter mained SMN and SCH. Those two classes are very enjoyable, and I was able to handle them better than BLM since you have a helper for SMN and SCH has a bunch of versatility for a healer class. I wanna main DRK and MCH but need to get into Heavensward first.

11. Gilligan Lanley

DRK is my favorite tank class so far, it's become my main class now! MCH is pretty fun, too! I don't think you'll be disappointed; hopefully, when you unlock them! :3