Dev Blog Final Approach to 1.0

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Depending on your definition terraforming has been in the game for a long time. You can for example build mountains easily if you so desire (Just pile a lot of dirt), create water or lava oceans/lakes (Just import the fluid from another world), seed a world with any tree type you find, etc.

2. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Damn. Really happy to see plans/projected 1.0 content put into one location. I am somewhat surprised that the next update will be 1.0, though. But considering optimization and story have been rolled into one update, it doesn't surprise me.

Looking forwards to it. Also looking forwards to multiplayer fixes (And, hopefully, more multiplayer work after 1.0 releases as well. Server-side characters, servers with workshop-compatible mods that autodownload upon joining, and possible easy plugin support are all things that would be great to have after 1.0, since they were not explicitly mentioned.)

And I also cannot wait to see what sort of content is produced in the future as well. Glad to hear 1.0 isn't the end of what will be done with the game.

3. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

The hype train goes OOOH OOOH
    I made a post that replied to so many posts, and kept copying the entire long response, but then accidentally copied a part of the dev blog to add to the post without realizing I had just Cut the entire reply T_T

Leinad Werecat likes this.
  4. Ceois

Ceois Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will we be able to use the hunger system in casual mode also? That would be a nice addition to select the hunger mode independent of the difficulty mode.

I am looking forward to 1.0. This will be my main game for years to come :)

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

They mentioned it earlier, but there will be some files you can edit in order to make custom difficulties. By default, hunger isn't in casual but it can be easily added by just turning hunger from false to true.
    I think. Haven't messed with it myself.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Well would the implementation of the steam bit make steam have to be running regardless of what method you use? Just running the game, that is.

7. doublejesus

doublejesus Void-Bound Voyager

Understandably nothing involving ship combat(it always sounded very unfeasible with the current engine to do well) I'm guessing this might be a focus after 1.0 or perhaps its still tentative? Other than that I wanna say that after paying the 10 dollars to get into the closed beta on my birthday like 2(edit: wow looks like its been 3 years!) years ago this game has come a long way. Since then I've seen the game go from being incredibly difficult(which I honestly liked) with somewhat broken combat to a very polished piece of work. I've gladly spent over 400 hours on the stable version of this game and look forward to many more, thanks a lot chucklefish.(Thank you for publishing risk of rain as well :drizzle: )

8. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

looks awesome cant wait for it all to hit stable update.

9. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

Is it me or does the nightly build have WAY less star-systems and WAY less planets IN thos star-systems? Honestly I hope they change it to where theres alittle more there.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

From what little I know about this stuff, I doubt it.

11. willybh

willybh Aquatic Astronaut

I really hope so....... All that is left now is to wait.

12. ZeGreatPumpkinani

ZeGreatPumpkinani Void-Bound Voyager

I already have a character with a maxed out ship and armor/weapons and I'm worried everything I have will suddenly break. Also I don't want the hunger feature, how will that work with pre-created characters?

13. Ceois

Ceois Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Past 1.0 when you guys introduce new content will we have to reset our char/planets in order to play the new content? For example if you introduce spaceship combat and other features...

14. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

im really hyped but i hope my character does not get wiped when this comes out

15. ikkioho

ikkioho Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, how about steam achievements?

16. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

ALREADY?
    ALREADY HERE?
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

[​IMG]

bad words cut off I'M NOT READY FOR THIS

17. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar