Dev Blog Final Approach to 1.0

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I'd wait. I actually deleted a save where I'd razed 6 avian temples / 4 floran dungeons to their foundations for building materials. Wait for it to hit and then dive in for 8 hours at a time :p

2. Velornar

Velornar Pangalactic Porcupine

As I said in reddit; that sound awesome.
    I just have a few questions. If there will likely no new content added once 1.0 is realeased, appart mostly bug fixes...modding will then become important to add content.
    Do the engine would allow modifications as strong daycycle updates, athmospheric lights (for complex star sytems, planetary eclipses, even if planets cant really move on their orbit), have seasons, change the colors of the sun (with a frame cycle for pulsars), systems modifications to asteroid rings instead of belts around planets or edges of sytems (accessible only on few spots); New shipworlds functionnalities (like landing aircarfts or even the whole ship instead of beaming down, putting in dry docks for exemple); or complex planet modification, for building city planets procedurally generated ?
    I know I'm obsessed with this concept from SF, but will it be possible to build new hubs instead of outpost ?
    Will it be possible to modify star generations at the point of changing some rare sytems into dysons sphere, with its characteristic orange star at the center (wich would need to have a large external unbreakable layers on a concave sphere instead of a lava core)...
    I know I'm quite dreaming awake, but it would dissipates a few personnal doubts for the future of the game, on what it will be possible do do ^_^

PS; sorry for language mistakes.
    PPS: oh, and I would forget many things like rogues pirate stations or outpost, synchron planets with desert on a side, ice on the other, nebula clouds, giant stars covering half of the sky of wasted planet, stationed fleets, remnants of battles, star clusters, broken planets, accessible gas giants (ships or dungeons in their athmosphere), super hot pegasid gas giants, heliosphere space stations...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  3. Aegis J Hyena

I'd ask Sayter over in the modding forums about that, Velornar --- maybe ask him if it's possible to do those background "edits" such as the pulsar. Although I figure that might be a bit seizurey or something. Seasons I don't think is possible, though.

The Dyson Sphere idea I like though...

4. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

They said that there would definitely be more content after 1.0: this is just for the game to become functional at a base state.
    That stuff sounds awesome, and they did say that Steam Workshop was a priority after 1.0, so it's definitely possible for that stuff to happen.

5. Aegis J Hyena

Off topic, did you draw your avatar icon, Combozone? I -love- that bird's coloring.

Combozone likes this.
  6. Velornar

Velornar Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, but I guess Sayter is quite busy with its awesome mod project...
    I'll ask as soon as possible^^

ps: oh, so devs will maybe add steam functionnalities and maybe more content, thats nice and unexpected, I like this ;)

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

This is currently an English Only Forum.
    Please use a translation software such as Google Translate.

8. SorenTheAvian

SorenTheAvian Subatomic Cosmonaut

Stop it! You're making me cry at how far this game has come and all my good memories...:chucklefish: Rock on chuckley fishes!

9. Combozone

No, I wish I was that good. :D
    This was a commission I got from Chickhawk on the forums (chickhawk96 on deviantart), but he is currently off doing military service for Korea.
    Glad I got it before he left!

Leinad Werecat likes this.
  10. Caesar01

Caesar01 Big Damn Hero

Will we have terraforming in next updates or is it abandonned?

11. Briansey

Briansey Big Damn Hero

When the update rolls out, what will happen to my savegame, my character (and the ship) and the bases I already have on some worlds?

12. Combozone

Read the past comments, but to clarify what they already have said:
    You will keep your characters and such, but you may not be able to complete or start certain missions that you already have done. It might feel incomplete because you will be missing out on a lot of content meant for the start of the game.
    It's probably best to start a new character, just to see all of the new content in the game.

13. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Regarding my last comment, i noticed you can duplicate items when the world lags behind.

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

So is the addition the the steam multiplayer bit going to make steam mandatory whether we use it or not?

15. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think it would be unless you use the multiplayer through Steam servers. I hope so at least, it's wise of some people to not use Steam to play games, majorly due to bugs.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering it's one of two listed options, the other being basically what we already have right now, I'm not sure how that'd make Steam mandatory.

17. Actually, a LOT of this is already in the Nightly. At least half of this post is already complete :nuruflirt:
    Updates are subject to development speed. They're ahead of schedule for once, thus they make the jump.

==================================================

Really glad to see 1.0 on the way. Steam support for multiplayer and mods sounds particularly interesting. But I'm looking forward to the crafting changes. AND MAN, were the invincibility changes for players needed or what?

Very exciting stuff :nuruhappy:

Ainzoal, Kawa and TheFloranChef like this.
  18. Aegis J Hyena

Really? They're further ahead than I thought. Fair enough :)

19. TMan1019

TMan1019 Void-Bound Voyager

AWESOME! This has been what I've been waiting for to finally get my Starbound experience going! Had the game for a long time and loved it, but it just needed something to complete the experience. With what I just read, it seems you guys have come full-circle with everything. Well done. Can't wait to spend hours enjoying this awesome creation!

20. Fae

Fae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooo, so much to do, so much to do!
    I wonder if temperature will make its return after 1.0. :love:

Jareix Cryvix likes this.