Dev Blog Final Approach to 1.0

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Davidsawr

Davidsawr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I cant wait for the 1.0 release!!! Ive been playing starbound since Angry Koala and I cant believe how much this game has grown. Its turned from a somewhat generic sandbox game into something beautiful, complex and unique. You guys have to be one of the most amazing dev team I've ever seen. Ive never witnessed a team constantly updating a game, while being so involved with the players, over the course of years. I once read a negative review for this game that said "This game isnt made by programmers its made by artists" and I for one agree. This is a beautiful piece of art, on par or even greater than many "AAA" titles. Keep up the good work :D

AfterBurner0 likes this.
  2. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

My only beef with this is that you must come from Earth, regardless of race.
    I know it's to generalize the process and make it simple, but it feels so out of place to be a Novakid and being a part as the same organization as say, an Avian, or Apex.

3. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

I was wondering if there could be an option to chose your starting point in the game.

4. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Holy hell, this looks amazing. It's amazing to see how far the game has come. It's been a while since I played Starbound, so seeing all the changes outlined in this post is very exciting. I can't wait to play it when it comes out! All the new changes will take a while to get used to, no doubt. :p

5. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will there still be an adventuring path to the progression, ie are we able to progress without mining, solely through exploring/adventuring?

Same question goes for farming.

6. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now not only will I have a crew of Banana Alpacas, but also Penguin Mercenaries! :rofl:

7. IQ100

IQ100 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

one thing i missed in this update-report: Infos about the TechUpdates. Are they removed? and when not, can player disable them?

8. TiddleFits

TiddleFits Void-Bound Voyager

I literally just got back into starbound yesterday. Is it even worth it to continue with the game i just started? or should i wait until this comes out.

9. Chipppy

Chipppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Two questions. The first: When?

The second, and more likely to get answered: Have you made any updates to how ship pets are handled or any features those will have? I do enjoy having the adorable critters that inhabit my ship but I'm wondering that while you were looking over the monster capture system you also made changes to this other feature.

Spritley Jack and Sharp(JQ) like this.
  10. Combozone

It might be best to just wait, but if you can't wait (like me) , play a character you know will not be your main character, and then play.
    Or just recreate your character perfectly in every way. That works too.

11. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

Incredible. I juste want to know Something : does the regeneration capacity will be add again?

What do you mean by ''Recreate your character perfecly in every way''?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  12. Combozone

By that I mean:
    In character creation, you name him/her the same name.
    You put the same starter pants and shirt as you did the other.
    Same skin color, same race, same everything.
    Then you go out of your way to get the clothes and such that the other character had.

13. Ruric

Ruric Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a planned release date yet? I'm not trying to pressure into an earlier release but it's always nice to know, and there's probably going to be a lot more near carbon copies of what I'm asking now.

14. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Giving shits and taking the piss is literally yahtzee's thing. It's kind of a joke expecting him to not tear apart even the games he does admittedly like. (Puppy pissing on itself anyone?)
    But yahtzee's just one critic well known for being the shark baited with bloody meat. What about other people (not just critics) who's opinions are often seen across the interwebs. (TB, Mark, yogs, etc.)

(Then again... Mr. Fishbach does have a thing for space... Reaching out to him and grabbing his attention would bring the appeal of a lot of people...)

15. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

I think you need to see his review for stardew valley. I thought he wasn't comparing it to harvest moon too much.
    So maybe the same result for starbound?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. cuz THAT would be entertaining.

16. The_Red_Veil

The_Red_Veil Aquatic Astronaut

Wasnt the next version supposed to be 0.8? Guess that went the way of the dodo...

17. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well, considering in his first SB review he didn't even get off planet, we'll have to see... I'd like to see him re-review it, even if he tears it apart. (Because I think SB is amazing either way. Best thing I love of SB: it's community is formed mostly of people tolerable at the least and amazingly awesome at best, and not entirely formed of critic hungry sharks that tear up anybody that disagrees with their favorable opinions...)

18. Hunter_J

Hunter_J Industrial Terraformer

Good question...

Another one from my site: Will the unnecessary cute loading screens be gone for good? So I actually dont have to mod them out of the game? And whats with the alcohol? Why was that changed anyways? Do I still have to rename the beverages myself to their real counterpart?

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  19. Horossaur

Horossaur Big Damn Hero

Can't wait to play that game on my toaster. :wut:

20. Combozone

Most likely, and most likely.