Dev Blog Final Approach to 1.0

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Apr 3, 2016.

1. thestalkinghead

thestalkinghead Big Damn Hero

awesome, i can't wait to have a really big playthrough when 1.0 comes out

2. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Your save file will still work. Your character may or may not be able to do some of the new quests, though, and the planets you visited will be the same. You'll have to create a new character or visit new planets to access new content.

Spritley Jack, madkatter25 and spef22 like this.
  3. spef22

spef22 Space Hobo

Why don't you just find like-minded people and start a server? You don't have to invite anyone with mods. I also prefer not using mods, so I would play with you.

4. mendroi

mendroi Space Hobo

will the craftable and upgradeable pickaxes come back?

5. Goatwarrior

Goatwarrior Void-Bound Voyager

How's the Xbox one version coming?

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I think my only big critique is timed crafting. Because honestly, unless you can leave stations to craft queues on its own while you do other stuff, it's rather pointless. Other than that, It's got a great base going, but a ways to go.
    For the love of god,
    Please do not rush this update.
    Release it too early, and critics will be on it like piranhas on meat... And not in the good way... Please do not release this game prematurely. I would really hate to watch it crumble before the wrathful words of venomous critics...
    (*cough-coughYahtzeecough*)

P. S. Don't forget to implement bounty hunting by the end of this. It shouldn't be too difficult. Also, finding other space stations and full city biomes/planets would be a huge leap that also shouldn't be that difficult. Just have a biome that generates only a type of city continuously, and generated "planets" that are just large randomly generated space stations to explore. Like proper not-so-micro-dungeons that still fit with the space theme.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why can't I hold all these feels?

Our little Starbound is growing up :D

8. Dedicated multiplayer question, will workshop be integrated into multiplayer? This is, like other games as Ark and so on, the server can subscribe to mods and the clients can download those in join? As if so, allowing modded servers?

Flake13 and 2nd Lieutenant Raoni like this.
  9. PekingDuck

PekingDuck Void-Bound Voyager

A protectorate isn't an entity that protects things! It is a thing which is protected. In general a protectorate is like a weak state that is under the protection, and sometimes overlordship of a much stronger state. A Terrene Protectorate would not imply that Earth is in a position to protect others, but rather, that Earth is under the protection of a more powerful entity.

Yumiru, Flake13, Krebtron and 3 others like this.
  10. Karton

Karton Void-Bound Voyager

1.0 Отличная новость, но в связи с большим увеличением количества текста встаёт вопрос, а планируется ли прикрутить хотя бы любительский перевод на русский язык?
    Нет конечно можно как и раньше в виде мода ставить, но как то несолидно что ли.

[ Moderator Edit ]
    Will you be providing a Russian Translation in the future?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
  11. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I'm loving this.......custom built ships would be a huge thing, would love to see it. But what about space stations, vehicles and mechs......all of which were planned and were supposed to be in the game for 1.0.....please tell us something about these CF. Also is the farming progression path still a thing?

12. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Oh my goodness! we are going to be part of the NovaCorps!! :DD

I'll even get a talking animal for hire in my crew (not a raccoon but whatever)! c:

In all seriousness, while this detracts from the blank slate character origin in which players can fill the blanks themselves, this new opening act makes for a much better narrative. Since we are trainees, I assume the tutorial will now take part on earth? Or maybe it will continue as it were once you flee the tentacle monster (I am assuming this is still happening).

Spritley Jack likes this.
  13. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

My biggest question is... will there be some kind of map system, so you can figure out where the hell you are on a world? Other than that, looking great. ^^

14. Sylxeria

Sylxeria Industrial Terraformer

Was very exciting when I logged in and saw this announcement; looking forward to the big update!
    Also was glad to see that you had something in mind to keep food from spoiling - will probably keep a fridge or two on my ship and in my main base(s) in case of emergencies.

15. Madpunch

Madpunch Void-Bound Voyager

Having followed the game since 2012 and playing early access since day one, it's incredible to see how much the game has changed through the years. I played the f*ck out of the game when it came out, it was awesome but it lacked features at that time, so after that I just played a bit every 6 months or so and Starbound is finally becoming what you told us it would be in 2012. I haven't played in months, but I'll be sure to pick up the game again when 1.0 launches. Finally it's going to be the game I always wanted, it will always have a soft spot in my heart next to Half-Life.

16. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

One question; will we ever get mods integrated through the Steam workshop? I'm sorry if this has already been asked. Thanks!

17. Gryx

Gryx Void-Bound Voyager

I feel all sentimental; I've seen Starbound come such a long way. Freshly-teenage me would have never imagined this back when I bought it in 2013. You guys have really gone above and beyond the status quo, considering SB was supposed to be somewhat of a sister game to Terraria. It's really exceeded all my expectations in that respect. Rock on!

18. Volchonok

Volchonok Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh. Villages expanded to "every" race? Novokid saloon villages, please!

19. EssstrategaxArg

EssstrategaxArg Master Chief

CHUUU CHUUUUUUUUUUU

Astrih Konnash and Kawa like this.
  20. shimi kangatagon

shimi kangatagon Big Damn Hero

I CANT WAIT. WOOOOOOOOO