1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Filled Capture Pods and Combat Pets

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Daedelon, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daedelon

Daedelon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I finally found a monster that was I able to use the Capture Pod on, instead of re-releasing it on the planet, I had thrown the Filled Capture Pod in my spaceship by accident and my pet sits in my spaceship. When I teleport down to the planet, it does not follow and just sits in my spaceship without the ability of recapturing it or killing it back into the Filled Capture Pod.

Suggestion: would it be possible for the combat pet to follow the character when doing planet teleportation to and from your spaceship?

2. BobbyBirdseed

BobbyBirdseed Void-Bound Voyager

I have this same problem.

3. V3nom

V3nom Starship Captain

Other problem related to Pod, the duration of objects to the ground, which do not exceed 30 seconds : I lost my pod which landed to the ground when pet was killed by a boss, and since I was unable to take it fast enough, pod was lost.

I'm also for a "following" system for the pet between surface and vessel. And maybe also when the pet do fall in a deep pit perhaps (a kind of small teleport).

4. BobbyBirdseed

BobbyBirdseed Void-Bound Voyager

I figured out a way to at least get my pet back from my ship:

I put a saw trap down, and it killed him, therefore, giving me my capsule back.

es023 likes this.
  5. es023

es023 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Careful with pets on your ship, they viciously maul any npc you place down.

fortuntek likes this.
  6. ErkGloom

ErkGloom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems like a surprisingly buggy system

7. cial

cial Seal Broken

pets maul any npc in your base too (i released one and lost half my population to this)
    i've managed to isolate one pet on my ship and prevent it from mauling the npc on my ship, but what i'd relaly like is a way to recall a pet to its pod and return to the ship with it.

8. infinitetech

infinitetech Big Damn Hero

maybe they just stay as an icon in your inventory like with techs and you click it to send/recall? maybe a cool down if it is glitchy

9. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

From the "Pet Slots" in the inventory it's obvious that the devs have something more complex (and hopefully more convenient) planned. This capture pod system is just a placeholder to let us toy with our space pets before the pet system proper is out.

10. infinitetech

infinitetech Big Damn Hero

that and for high tier buyers (puppy/kitty)

11. cAtraXx

cAtraXx Void-Bound Voyager

I was able to use another capture pod on mine. It's a bit expensive but it did work. Can anyone confirm if this works in general ?

12. cial

cial Seal Broken

yes, throwing a capture pod at a loose pet will return it to you. but as you stated, it's a bit expensive.

13. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

I, meanwhile, would like for Capture Pods to not be destroyed if you throw it and miss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.