1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

File wont load, returns me to chucklefish logo every time I try loading file

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dusk-Twili-Realm-Queen, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Im on PC. I tried solving it by deleting the save file and reinserting it, after reinstalling the game, but it's still giving me trouble. I've included the save file in case that's the problem. (It seems someone else had the same problem and it had to do with non-NPC's being regarded as such and duplicate NPCs, but I don't know how to fix that.)

Update: I tried doing a save file delete to go back a day, and that worked, but I get married the next day (idk if who I get married to will help but if it does: its Sam), and when I enter my house, the game crashes and the problem starts all over again. What now? (I also updated the save file with the new one)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

For the record, we solved this in #support on Discord. The issue was the game let them marry before upgrading the farmhouse, so it crashed trying to render Content\Maps\farmhouse_married.xnb which doesn't exist. We fixed it by editing the farmhouse upgrade level in the save file.