1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. Dimitri The Silly Sergal

Dimitri The Silly Sergal Big Damn Hero

The problem i am having is after i use the unpacker the new ffu_paaa file created is empty.

2. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

I've no clue why its not working.
    Are you on windows?(although a new folder shouldn't even be possible without windows OS I thinks >.> )
    I'm not the best at this so forgive my fail attempts at helping you.

3. WarStalkeR updated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra with a new update entry:

Version 0.052: Complete Parts Rework

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Gyumaou

Gyumaou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's what the unpack batch file is:
    Code:
    mkdir ffu_paaa
    ..\..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe ffu_paaa.pak ffu_paaa
    del ffu_paaa.pak /s /q
    You're clearing the first step, so a few things to check:
    • Are all your files definitely located in
      Code:
      steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\ffu_paaa
    • is asset_unpacker.exe in the right dir?
      Code:
      steamapps\common\Starbound\win32
    • Re-check and validate your Starbound files

5. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Thought I should mention this: with the new update, I seemed to of gotten....two ship storage safes instead of just one. At first I thought this was cool, until I found out that there was no fuel hatch. Maybe the second storage space was meant to be a fuel hatch? I looked into the ship construction interface and found out that it was indeed meant to be built...but gold bars? Isn't it a bit much for something as simple as travel? (In the rare chance that someone ends up starting on a rather hostile planet with bad weather.)

6. It has fuel hatch, alongside tech station and 3d printer near the main thrusters. Resource requirements are temporary and will be changed eventually.

7. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Doh....now I see it. It was so close to the tech station I thought it was one piece. :confused:

8. DirkLarien

DirkLarien Void-Bound Voyager

Just read OP and this just looks so good.
    Fingers crossed.

9. sporkula

sporkula Big Damn Hero

i think i can partially explain why there may be some issues. specifically the empty folder issue

i am running a mac.

i run starbound on the mac. so i download this on my windows virtual machine use 7zip and move it over to my mac.

i use 7 zip and move over the files and it (starbound) crashes.

i then notice an unpacker. when i use it on mac the folder it doesn't know what to do with it. and it fails. when i use the unpacker on my windows virtual machine it creates the folder and fails right there because the necessary files in starbound are missing.

when i copy the necessary files from starbound over and repoint the bat file it extracts, but upon placing them in the correct location in the mac starbound folder it crashes starbound.

not sure how to deal with it yet.

------

p.s. it is a really bad idea to compress a folder multiple times. it creates many different issues.

p.s.s. before this it was working just fine. on .4 something.

-------

Edit: it is not compatible with enraged and that's why it crashes?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  10. RamsiC

RamsiC Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't believe I just realized you're the same WarStalker from SPAZ. WOW I'm slow.

11. redlace

redlace Void-Bound Voyager

Are you going to be updating this for Enraged Koala?

12. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

This should be updated soonish. There were a few changes made recently that effected this mod so its not as easy to update as most other mods.(still fairly easy, just beyond me to do myself)

edit: No, I dont maintain this mod. Im just sharing my experience in trying to update this for my personal use

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  13. WarStalkeR updated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra with a new update entry:

Version 0.053: Compatibility Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Hello sporkula. If you need something to unpack 7zip in mac, you can get either this or this program. While archive in archive is a little bit misleading, please do note that .pak extension is Starbound's Content Archive, which I just utilize in my mod. The .bat script are placed for users who interested in unpacking my and changing my mod, but .bat script are designed by Microsoft to work only in Windows.

Yes, I am :D

Already updated :)

EDIT: Server already updated.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  15. RamsiC

RamsiC Pangalactic Porcupine

Well it's even more of a pleasure to know you War lol.

16. Nserk

Nserk Big Damn Hero

Compliments for the mod, but i have a little request: can i change the font to the original one of the game? I have some troubles reading with the original font of the mod...

17. Sure, you even have the unpack script in mod's folder. Just remove hobo.ttf from there and repack it again with script.

18. Nserk

Nserk Big Damn Hero

Many thanks!

19. goldniko1

goldniko1 Void-Bound Voyager

An Idea for another mod is rather than being able to teleport down to a planet and back up instantly without any other gear, could you make a dropship that has to land in an appropriate place that ten folds out into a teleporter? Also, please make some planet's are dangerous to breathe in, making you choke. Anyway, your ideas are excellent! The modular ships is good aswell. But what do you use to mod? And how do you mod?

20. Atmosphere & Environment is already planned, described in "Survival Environment" section. Dropships, well, I have such idea planned, but everything depends how much I will be able to implement via Binary Modding (when it will be done).