1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [FFS]Feast of Fire and Smoke V1.04hotfix1

Last generation of gunshop/gunners mod

1. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

I was wondering; is there any lore aspect to the mod? I'm particularly curious about Hell Gate; why is it there? Is it a literal link between the universe and Hell? Did The Ruin come from it? And if so, is The Ruin a demon along with all of the other eye monsters?

2. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

[Link removed, apparently no permission. Go figure. =)]

Based on version 1.02, possibly/probably not compatible with 1.03:
    * Faster projectiles across the board, based on Elithian Races' Rimdweller pistols as a baseline (160 tiles/sec, with AP projectiles a little faster, buckshot a little slower). Adds: *.projectile.patch for many FFS projectiles, including trigger projectiles which are the ones the base mod actually uses to fire most projectiles (rather than modifying the weapon's configuration and script -- I dunno).
    * Physics added to most projectiles to allow slight bullet drop. Adds: physics.config.patch, and *.projectile.patch for many projectiles.
    * SMGs, assault rifles, and one MG (didn't get around to the other) have realistic ball to tracer ratios, and look less like The Transporter on a bender.
    ** SMG, assault rifle: 2 ball to 1 tracer; MG: 4 ball to 1 tracer.
    ** Adds/modifies:
    *** ffs_weapons/ffs_lua_basic/ffs_fire*.lua to include a new variable, self.tracerCount, and to choose a sequential projectile from the projectiles list instead of a random one.
    *** *.projectile to add a few new "invisible" projectiles (technically visible but very unusual to see at all except against a high-contrast flat background -- just like real bullets).
    *** *.activeitem.patch to change projectile types for most guns to a list of ball-to-tracer projectiles.
    * Added replacement STANAG magazine icon and description for fixed-magazine status effect; more immersive than self-referential "FFS" icon, with improved concise description.
    * Pirate projectiles now as fast as the player's (more "hardcore", as the dev would put it). No changes to other enemies' weapons (not even the airship).

The majority of this was completed several days ago, but since I no longer have any interest, I'm just dumping it into the public domain. Cheers. =)

Licence: CC0 (exceptions: tracer graphic directly from the original mod, cannot be redistributed except under interoperability exception; ffs_fire*.lua derivative works of Chucklefish and redistributable only in CF/Starbound products)
    [edit]Hotfixed with a freshly RARed archive -- had uploaded an older copy. Oops!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  3. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, Yes, Anyway, There is nothing i can do for you.

4. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

So, where is my permission?

5. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

I've worked thousands of bloody hours without a cent of compensation.
    And there were people who supplemented it with feedbacks.
    But I've never seen anyone like this.
    HA HA, What a damn shame folks.
    One ill word asks another, Right?

Well, I will never get feedback here again. Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  6. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

Dang; there goes my chance at suggesting a flame thrower.

7. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

I know how you feel. I made a pretty big mod that attracts a lot of positive and negative feedback. I apologies for being such a bother, I guess I just thought because I was a good Starbound modder that my opinions deserved more attention.

8. universalist23

universalist23 Subatomic Cosmonaut

ehh...so i cant teleport to the world.... any idea why??

Attached Files:

9. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

It says it contains an improper JSON type... not sure how to fix that.

10. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

This is posted directly in your own mod's thread, with patch-based edits. Only a single resource (which is really just a series of gradients, don't kid yourself at its artistic merit ;-)) is used under interoperability guidelines of copyright; the Luas are derivative work of Chucklefish's own code (your other scripts are novel, at least, but these are pretty much direct edits of gunfire.lua). It qualifies as fair use, and an argument could even be made for non-infringing, although I'd stick to fair use. If I were going to release it externally, you'd better believe I'd ask for permission, but since I saw where that was going, I dropped that like a bad habit. ;-) If I'm doing it within an element under your control, which is only usable with your original work in the first place, your permission is whether or not you give a flying flip enough to use it, which we both already know about.

I washed my hands of it when I found out that you have a very clear artistic vision and your product is almost certainly infallible in every single way. Cheers, mate!

11. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

I would say in short, Chucklefish made this game easy to mod, so I don't think he'll mind if you use stuff from the Vanilla assets as templates.

12. Dafishygoat

Dafishygoat Void-Bound Voyager

I seem to have the same problem as well, does anyone have a fix for this problem? Was excited to play with this mod again, but i was greeted by not being able to teleport to the world.

13. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

How many mods do you have?

14. Dafishygoat

Dafishygoat Void-Bound Voyager

I'm playing with no mods right now.

15. Joseph K

Joseph K Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm... try contacting the mod creator, but I doubt they'll have much more to say than I do.

16. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

17. alex7887

alex7887 Void-Bound Voyager

Может ли кто нибудь дать ссылку мода, на MEGA или Yandex?
    Google, сбрасывает загрузку на медленной скорости.
    Извините что потревожил.

Can anyone give a mod link, to MEGA or Yandex?
    Google resets the download at a slow speed.
    Sorry to bother you.

18. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

19. MiamotoRei

MiamotoRei Astral Cartographer

20. johnbas16

johnbas16 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope weapon's upgrade system features faster aiming when adding Sights or Scope attachment, and also, shotguns can have faster aiming too since i sometimes rely on them on close quarters battle.