FF4: The After Years

Discussion in 'Games' started by Xylia, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yes, but the thing is... they only need to survive a few battles to get lots of levelups, lol.

And I just found an area that is PERFECT for leveling... the floor with Asura/Leviathan... lots of single-attack mobs that come out and the battles are worth a whopping 6-10k.

And even if a doll or someone else gets hit, I can always toss a Raise, since both Kain (I think?) and Rosa know it. Or barring that, a Phoenix Down works too.

But dude, 8, 9, 10k per fight? Those dolls would be 40+ in no time flat. But I'm gonna level the main group here a bit, I think... Kain is leading the pack at 54 and the ~76k he needs for levels goes by fast when I'm getting that much. I think Lv60 is easily possible here. Easy.

Oh, and dude... Bomb is such an overpowered summon. A paltry 10MP for 3.5k damage on just about everything I've tried it on!?

That's better than any of her black magic spells 'cept for -gas (30MP) for something that's weak against it. It's better than Bio (about same damage, but Bio is 20MP). It casts as fast as Bio, too lol.

EDIT: And don't forget... Emulator... Wonky RNG... 95% of all single-person attacks are directed at the bottom slot (which is where Kain is). Very rare occasion, sometimes Rosa gets hit now and then. Rydia hasn't gotten hit by a single-person attack since... Barbariccia's floor lol.

Firebird Zoom and Lodish like this.
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

hahaha.

Okay now my party is invincible. At least for now.

Full Adamant Armor + Excalibur on Cecil... at B13, all physical attacks hit him for 1 damage and spells do 0.

And I have someone equipped with the Level Band v2, and now I'm getting 12-15k for most fights. Took me like 5 minutes to get Cecil from 40 to 42. Might grab the Gil Band v2 and max out my dry ethers LOL.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Meh, your RNG is messing up with everything, the enemies I fought seemed to be programmed to attack my weakest characters :p

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

What I don't get, is why they didn't allow you to bring Calca and Brina into Rydia's Challenge Dungeon. Every other character that you're meant to have at the last chapter can be leveled up to at least 40 (Golbez 45, Ceodore's Party 50) but for some weird reason, they leave C&B at ~20 and expect you to somehow get them up.

Although...

To be honest... if you have a Lv40+ group and put Kain/Edge/Golbez in the front row, you can kill the mobs in the first few floors without getting hit, quite often. Kain and Edge are ridiculously fast, and Golbez ain't exactly slow either and it don't take much to one-shot those cell mobs; Golbez can nuke the flans and those things hit for < 300 damage anyways to back row (the dolls have like 500 at Lv20).

So I suppose even without the glitch it isn't Too bad.

5. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, not being able to level Calca & Brina is stupid, when you think they have their own unique armor at the end of the game...

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Maybe they thought it'd make Rydia's CD too easy? lol.

But then once she learns Bio you just walk through the dungeon like it's nothing anyways so... I dunno.

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Okay, there's "Well-Rounded" and then there's "Absolutely Ridiculous".

How high can this guy's Evasion go!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

...Yup, I think you beat me to it. Your Cecil is now officially Undefeatable ©

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, I'm sure some of those super-bosses can still kill him. But.... with 90% evasion, they have to HIT him first. lol

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I think there is a lot of guarantee-hit enemy attacks, I don't remember seeing my characters evade too often despite having such high numbers...

Anyway, by the time you reach optional bosses, Cecil will become stronger than the final boss in person :p

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's the way most Final Fantasy games are. They give such ludicrous optional bosses, and the final story boss is a pushover that you coulda beat at Lv40-50.

Except for FF1.... lol. But then again... Black Belt. Need I say more?

Just hope that the BB doesn't die in the Quake spell.

EDIT: Another cute little thing that's been happening: The mobs I'm fighting now drop Ribbons. I've gotten like 4 of them by now, haha. And Minerva Bustiers too, but sadly there's only like 2 people (Ursula and Harley) who can safely wear them unfortunately. Unless Brina can, but I doubt it.