1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue fetch the apex artifact not completeable

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by sippy, Jul 26, 2016.

1. sippy

sippy Space Hobo

i have been playing with 3 friends and every time that we do the 'fetch the apex artifact' quest we kill the boss and talk to lana and then none of us can grab the artifact. even when we all occupy the neighboring chairs the artifact is impossible to pick up. Any info or support is appreciated!!

2. me3

me3 Big Damn Hero

I've been having the same problem. I wonder what causes it.

3. OnyxKings

OnyxKings Void-Bound Voyager

Same thing happening to me and a friend, its unfortunate.. hope a fix happens soon

4. Hey!
    What is happening when you try to grab the artifact? Can you confirm you're next to it and trying to grab it and it's just not being picked up?
    Is this only happening in multiplayer?

Also, do you have an error log you can send me?

Thank you!

5. OnyxKings

OnyxKings Void-Bound Voyager

When we go to the artifact and try to pick it up, it's not picking it up, and im not sure if its just multiplayer, I have not tried it in singleplayer, there is also no error log

6. Hentear

Hentear Space Hobo

Same exact thing happens to me on singleplayer. I've killed the boss several times and restarted my game too. I have screenshots of when I'm near the artifact where it highlights the chairs next to it and even when I jump out of range of the chairs it doesn't select the artifact.

20160727112650_1.jpg 20160727112652_1.jpg 20160727112657_1.jpg

7. AndrewCentral

AndrewCentral Space Hobo

I have also attempted to spawn in the artifact using /admin and then /spawnItem apexArtifact 1 , and was presented with a "Perfectly Generic Item", this did not help. The mission right now is impossible to complete due to the artifact being the only thing that unlocks the door. I don't know if there is a command to disable the forcefield of the blocks, but I'm sure there is some way or another to glitch into the teleporter room.

8. Hentear

Hentear Space Hobo

So I somehow fixed the bug. I killed the boss twice and wasn't able to get the artifact, so I teleported to my ship and then proceeded to Save & Quit. I fully closed my game by X-ing out and then launched it again. I went through the mission instance and when you meet Lana at the door to the mansion I didn't open the door and talk to her. I ignored her and went to the boss, killing it. After I got to the artifact she moved passed the first table and directly over to the artifact with her dialogue and let me get it.

9. AndrewCentral

AndrewCentral Space Hobo

Ok, I will try this method. Thanks for providing a fix!
    --- Post updated ---
    This method did indeed work. Thank you so much!

10. FFLink

FFLink Void-Bound Voyager

Also having this issue, will try the above fix.

Edit: Yup, if you ignore her at the mansion entrance, when you beat the boss and go to the artefact she will stand to the right of it and you can pick it up.

Before when I spoke to her, she stood to the left and I couldn't pick it up - the white outline doesn't show up.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  11. Zendoku

Zendoku Seal Broken

Encountered this too, will try the solution. Hopefully someone will fix it soon.

12. Pheebert23

Pheebert23 Space Hobo

Has anyone found a fix? I've tried replaying it in singleplayer, restarting my game, EVERYTHING. And I still can't get the artifact! I can't believe this bug hasn't been fix as this thread was in August :(

13. Sarinoth

Sarinoth Yeah, You!

This bug still exists... If you interact with Lana at the entrance... The mission just breaks, first I had the artifact completely uninteractable, as above. Now, I tried again... And the door at the right of the mansion entrance literally shut in front of me... Locking me out of the boss fight.

14. balsh

balsh Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  15. Oofio potato

Oofio potato Space Spelunker

Now bad news,im not interact with lana but im still cant get artifact,and she dont comes and standing in doors