1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So... that means another mod is somehow corrupting the felin sprite in-game....I hope this isn't a case of someone ripping your spritesheets and using them in their own mod. Why would the game be loading another spritesheet for a species your mod implements, unless someone else out there tried to "re-do" or copy felins?

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's at least one mod that replaces the head sprites to add big ol' anime eyes. Stuff like that. Considering the body is the part that's missing in the second image, it could be an EEB-style mod with a frame mismatch.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

3. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

i do have anime eyes from the steam workshop. i can check that.

Edit: I did a clean installation for all my mod and this haves no error now. So it was something on my part.

Edit Edit: I solved it. Me being a complete idiot forgot that i "did" change its humanoid file to a apex file. i don't remember doing that since it was a long time ago.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You.....changed the felin body to apex...? wut? Why would you do that? lol. A ......cat-monkey.... okaay. weird.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's so weird. If it was so long ago, how'd you not get the numbers instead of a body way back then?

6. Senpai Deviljo

it was a experiment and such.

7. Senpai Deviljo

it wasn't long time ago like around 2 month at max. it happen i never bother to reply about it until now. The number part still gets me. only thing i can think of is different places of the sprite. But thats my only option.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Since @Kawa removed the guide frames (it's all one big .png image; the JSON files tell the game where to start and stop drawing on the screen) on their sprites, another mod that tries to change this is going to end up pointing to the wrong places on the sheet. If you have any mods that are unpacked that add races, or you unpack the vanilla races, you will see that the sprite sheets have letters and numbers -- the aforementioned "guide frames" that tell you which squares are for which in the sprite's animation(s).

Well if the game is grabbing the wrong pixels from the spritesheet, said wrong pixels could land on the letters/numbers of said sheet.

EDIT: Look at this sheet:

malebody.png

This is the Apex Male Body sheet from vanilla SB.

Notice the first "area" in the top left? It says "IdleS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5"?

Compare that to the pic you posted above. You'll see the same thing. Now if @Kawa removed the "guide frames", that means the idle pose should be the first "square" in the top-left. That's what the Felins JSON file is pointing to. But since you swapped the sprite sheets... instead of getting an idle body, the game is reading the pixels from where it says "IdleS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5". And so, that is what you see in-game.

Kawa and Roskii Heiral like this.
  9. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

are there certain stars that villages are on?

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

IIRC, Forest, Savannah and .... Jungle?

I can personally attest to seeing them on Forest planets.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Almost all of them, in fact. Except for oceans, volcanic, stuff like that. And one of those you listed occurs particularly often, though I forgot which.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I know Forests are rather common... IIRC, I was finding them (for awhile) on like... 2 out of every 5 forest planets I went to, lol.

But that was before FU added more competition into the mix (more dungeons). More dungeons = any singular dungeon is chosen less often (didn't we have a convo about this a few pages back? Seems like Deja Vu to me).

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Since "noone on the Chuckleboard ever reads" (and apparently also on Workshop), this is a completely reasonable feeling. I'd rather call it a déjà moo though -- you've seen all that bullshit before.

Call it a time loop, but

14. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Sounds like a typical meal at Milliways!

I only recommend going there if you've done at least 6 impossible things that day, though.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Kawa updated Felins with a new update entry:

Mriw Khrismas, saa'ho!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  16. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

So would you have to make a patch that adds Felins to some of the Biomes that FU adds? Or would Sayter have to accommodate for the Felins? I've asked this before on a different mod, but I can't remember which one. :nuruconfused:

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I will do nothing about FU. If you want something about FU and Felin compatibility, ask Sayter. Adding felin villages to particular biomes' spawn lists is easy though. You could do it yourself in five minutes tops.

18. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry I asked. :nurusad:

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You seem to have misread my response as angry. There is nothing for you to be sorry about.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  20. Segenam

Segenam Phantasmal Quasar

I found a minor bug in your mod...
    It seems in your \quests\generated\pools\guardthemes.config.patch you have an extra "value" :

the code reads:
    Code:
    [
        { "op": "add", "path" : "/0/1/-", "value" : "value" : { "tag": "felin", "name" : "Felin" } }
    ]

when it should read:
    Code:
    [
        { "op": "add", "path" : "/0/1/-", "value" : { "tag": "felin", "name" : "Felin" } }
    ]
    I honestly looked everywhere else for the problem before I looked at yours and spotted that little typo.