1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felin Intro Mission 1.4

Because it didn't make much sense otherwise

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Kawa submitted a new mod:

Felin Intro Mission - Because it didn't make much sense otherwise

Read more about this mod...

2. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

I have to admit when I first saw this on the Steam Workshop I had to immediately make a Felin to test that it actually works. And it does, perfectly, though SAIL still mentions "escaping Earth" when you turn it on for the first time. Amazing and inspiring work - I didn't realize it was possible to make a custom tutorial sequence for specific races.

Edit: Also, a small note that if using some of the Tanz lighting overhaul mods most of the obstacle course is completely invisible, especially with no flashlight until you get into your ship. That's not likely to hit most players though.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Examine away, please. As for the thing with SAIL on the ship, that change is in the upcoming Felin update.

I know, that wouldn't make sense with the vanilla intro. It's funnier to me that way.

4. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like the AVIAN mod players will have to either get this for a better lore, or AVIAN for rather old-fashioned for-some-reason-the-Felin-ended-up-in-Protectorate way...

Anyways, I like it!

PS: I suggest adding the other modifications and then rename this into what's something like Felin Missions for Vanilla thing

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

6. tomssuli

tomssuli Title Not Found

I thought the jump was a bit too precise... Having played through very hard platformers like Meatboy, They Bleed Pixels, Wings of Vi etc. I just thought how challenging it would be to someone without my gaming background. Good thing it has been fixed! =)

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And there's a cape now, too.

Cos I found out I forgot to add the cape I promised, and a copypaste oversight in Tiled made the whole thing unplayable without another mod. Good thing I host my own files.

8. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, what's the id for the cape? (Meanwhile, Kreiss[my Felin OC], wonders how to make a cake because he didn't took the obligatory cake. Heheh.)

9. zonnoser

zonnoser Big Damn Hero

Don't suppose you could make an Avali intro mission could you?

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Why would I do that? If whoever's in charge of the Avali wants to make an intro mission I'll be happy to assist them but I'm not gonna do it myself.

11. zonnoser

zonnoser Big Damn Hero

Oh wait didn't actually check your name, I thought because this wasn't actually in the main mod that it was a fan creation. My appologies.

Oh one problem I found was that if Frackinraces is installed you can't do the jumping part because you hit your head off of the ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
  12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Frankly, I care very little about Frackin' Whatever. If FR increases the felin jump height beyond what I already do, that's entirely on them.

13. zonnoser

zonnoser Big Damn Hero

Has the felin mod ever changed hands at any point? But the problem is it is a mod that is well used, and without admin command abuse you can not complete the intro with it.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The felin mod has always been mine.

15. zonnoser

zonnoser Big Damn Hero

Then it's weird that a jump boost was added, from what I understand modded races aren't actually done by the FR team, they are submitted by people who set up the extra file needed to make use of the buffs. Was there ever a point when Felins didn't have a jump boost perhaps?

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes there was: before I figured out how to do it by studying the novakid glow.

17. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't seem to make the jump in the intro mission. I keep hitting my head on the ceiling. How am I supposed to do the jump from the platform over to the left.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Sales_Kital: Try a light tap. I too often overshoot my jump.

19. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll try that when I get home, at work now.

20. KeereeOcelot

KeereeOcelot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have Frackin'Races installed, and managed it. It wasn't easy, but it's possible.
    It looks like FR adds a 1.06 speed and 1.12 jump modifier. If you want to modify/remove that from FR, it's in stats/effects/fu_racialabilities/racefelins.lua, lines 25 through 30. Looking at the Github repo for FR, it looks like they've always added some extra boost, from the first push 10 months ago. Two months ago they reduced the effect, actually.
    Though like I said. It's possible without removing that. And honestly, I like my friends getting ticked off that I'm jumping over whole buildings while they're stuck plodding along on the ground. :D