1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite character name??

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Anonoriginal, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Darkspinesupersonic8

Darkspinesupersonic8 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, yes it does... though I guess you're right it's not really that MUCH of a story... I try to make best with what's given for Xavier.. at most go with the flow for the story, add some revenge for the cultists attacking and killing Xavier's protectorate friends and sending him speeding off alone, young, and afraid into the universe where Enraged Koala plays out until the Bone Dragon, which gets away, and as a result of his actions and severe will to survive in the situation he was put in, as well as nearly avenging his friends, he's let into the protectorate.

.etc .etc.. you can clearly see I indeed tried to make best with what I was given. It... entertains me at least, with what 'story' we have.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

hey immersive gaming is all right, I think we ve all done it at one point. And it keeps creativity flowing!

3. robotreborn

robotreborn Master Chief

My name used to be the lyrics of All Star by Smashmouth on an alt. All that glittered really was gold.

4. Anonoriginal

Anonoriginal Void-Bound Voyager

That's amazing

robotreborn likes this.
  5. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

DJ, the... human...

... it's just me, guys. Chill...

6. ZeeHero

ZeeHero Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a glitch crewmember named "Longlord"

7. Littleman88

Littleman88 Big Damn Hero

The only one I keep coming back to is a way-too positive Angel Frunco - Human mechanic that happened to be working on a nearly fully operational ship and stole away with it when everything went to hell. Might be traumatized. Happy thoughts! Has incredible luck, if my mine adventure with her was anything to go by. NEVER gotten that many hats before, and I'm a chronic restarter.

8. Anonoriginal

There aren't THAT many hats in the game and define hats
    Download Fracking universe
    Adds 100+ new hats

9. Avian Village Guard

Avian Village Guard Void-Bound Voyager

I swear this really happened, but I don't blame you if you don't believe me cuz it's just too hilarious.\

I wanted a random Floran name. I hit the random name generator.

It generated the name "Tit"

10. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

In the great words of Nick, from Left 4 Dead 2, "TITS!" Now we know he was cursing your random generated Floran's name :nurutease:

11. Anonoriginal

I use random name generator all the time lol

12. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

and this gets you probably banned on mutiplayerservers and isn't even your fault.

13. LostSeeker

LostSeeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually have a habit of browsing throughout the random gen names to get a feel for how they made up and to know what all they extend to. Then I create a name similar to that feel that the randomly generated names are incapable of spitting out, yet sound similar to the racial culture.

Doing this, I put together the name Jalinak for my Avian that I have been consistently using ever sicne I created him as my first character, despite the poor guy having gone through several wipes as the game evolved.
    He just DOESN'T get written out of existence that easily. (I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!)

Other names I have used are Syva for my Floran, Flint Nitrofuze for a VERY bomb happy Novakid, and Cobolt for a Glitch. I have yet to recreate any of these characters tho...

14. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

Nox and Tux are both possible fenerox names. Funny, when you know that both can be related to the game in some way.
    Also there can be a floran named Gogogo. Seriously.

15. lars911

lars911 Void-Bound Voyager

I always name my character in any rpg "White" , and make him ware white clothes and have white hair.

Here I have a floran with a white flower.

16. TimeBlossom

TimeBlossom Void-Bound Voyager

I've got a Hylotl named Delinquent Tsukiko that I'm fond of. Name is too long for the latest updates (*shakes fist*), but that's what save editors are for. :nurunaughty:

Also had a Floran named Snapdragon that I played for a while. I really need to give the other races a try, they've got some cool sounding names!

17. Ferociousfiend

Ferociousfiend Astral Cartographer

I have two Florans. Ivere Roserhorn is a mob-boss running an illegal hoverbike drag-racing operation, while Kokoko (friends call them Koko) is a recently-graduated Protectorate whom barely escaped Earth's destruction.

18. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Eonwulf - Everything

19. Masswar117

Masswar117 Void-Bound Voyager

Staress - hytol
    Doctor Who - human (go ahead ask)
    Tess - avian
    Sheriff Xenon - novakid
    Venus - floran
    Boltar - glitch

20. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Subject 202-X, Apex. He is a freed miniknog test subject who is grateful for the rebels freeing him, but due to his physical enhancements and thought reassignments he is unable to cooperate with the rebels strike teams and instead is tasked by the rebel HQ for solo missions. He wears the lab coat of the main scientist who experimented on him. He also wears tv monitor used to torture him, he has reprogrammed it to show only a smile so he never has to be sad again, at least on the outside.