1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Fatal Excpetion caught: (UnicodeExcpetion) ...

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by theneros, Jun 12, 2016.

1. theneros

theneros Space Hobo

Bonjour.

J'ai acheté StarBound aujourd'hui et rencontre un problème conséquent.
    J'ai loué un serveur sur le site OMGServ, et lorsque je tente de rejoindre le serveur, le jeu se ferme d'un coup et affiche:

Fatal Excpetion caught: (UnicodeExcpetion) Invalid UTF-8 code unit sequence in utf8Lenght

Voulant absolument jouer en multijoueur avec mes amis, ce problème s'avère être plutôt gênant, et j'aimerai trouver une solution rapidement, dans le but de payer un serveur et un jeu que je puisse utiliser.

En vous remerciant, Noé Mattiello.

Hello.

I bought Starbound today and therefore meets a problem.
    I rented a server on the site OMGServ, and when I try to reach the server, the game quits suddenly and displays:

Fatal Excpetion caught: (UnicodeExcpetion) Invalid UTF-8 code unit sequence in utf8Lenght

Wanting absolutely play multiplayer with friends, this problem turns out to be rather annoying, and I'm looking for a quick solution in order to pay a server and a game that I can use.

Thanking you, Noé Mattiello.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It is likely you used Non-English characters ( unique character letters - é ) some where along the line. Also be wary of the length of the names and such.
    Replace any modifications with only English characters you should be fine.

3. theneros

theneros Space Hobo

My character is "Cody Murphy", I don't think it's a problem? And thank you for your answer!
    Please, up! :')

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. theneros

theneros Space Hobo

5. TurdOfTheWeek

TurdOfTheWeek Void-Bound Voyager

Est-ce qu'il y a des lettre non anglaise dans le titre de ton serveur comme "é" car le probleme semble venir d'une lettre special qui n'existe pas en anglais

Is there any letter in the name of your server that is not english like"é" because that is what the error is telling.

6. Deivis789

Deivis789 Void-Bound Voyager