1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Fatal Exception on launch?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lecanoscopy, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Lecanoscopy

Lecanoscopy Void-Bound Voyager

First of all, I'd like to give my thanks in advance.

Today I decided to start up Starbound after having left it alone for a week, only to have it crash immediately after hitting play. Now my initial thought was that a mod I was subscribed to via Steam Workshop had updated and broken something, so I cleared out my subscriptions, backed up my universe and player folders, and tried to load the game again... only to have the same crash. Next I tried to verify the game files as a general fix, and when that didn't work I tried uninstalling the game and clearing out it's folders entirely before reinstalling, and yet the issue persists.

The weird part is that before I tried uninstalling, I noticed that starbound.log hadn't changed after any of the crashes (only containing information from an older mod conflict I'd sorted out). In addition it doesn't seem to have made a new log after reinstalling either. Unfortunately, that means the attached snip is the only information I have on the consistent crashes.

error.PNG