1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Fatal Exception caught: (ApplicationException) Application threw exception during startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CC10, Feb 25, 2017.

1. CC10

CC10 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey it's CC10. I recently came back to play Starbound, however every time I try to launch Starbound the following error pops up:
    Starbounderror.png
    I don't know if you can read it very well but I don't understand it at all. I'm running Starbound on a Dell laptop with an architecture of x64, Windows10, and I have 4GB of computing memory. Does someone know what the error is and how to fix it?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Master-Pudding Forum Moderator

Please provide your full starbound.log located in the storage directory of starbound.

~ Iris ~

3. CC10

CC10 Void-Bound Voyager

I can't find one that's from this year, which is when this problem started occurring. I believe it doesn't show up as a starbound.log because the application doesn't even start before the error message shows up.

4. CC10

CC10 Void-Bound Voyager

Never mind I fixed it. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it backing up my files and that did the trick. I think it was probably that the game or/and mods version were old and that they needed an update. Problem solved.