1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Fatal Error Access Violation

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by NeopolitanFalls, Nov 17, 2017.

1. NeopolitanFalls

NeopolitanFalls Aquatic Astronaut

So last night I installed starbound after recieving it, and it won't boot up, I get the infamous Fatal Error Access Violation error message. Me and a friend were troubleshooting and trying every solution we could think of (his starbound works perfectly) and reading and following every support recommendations including
    (for all examples we tried 64 bit and 32 bit)
    -Running in compatibility mode as administrator for every available windows version
    -updating sound and video drivers
    -trying to disable DEP for starbound which wasnt permitted.
    -uninstalling and reinstalling
    -rebooting several times
    -downloading c++ updates
    -various other things

I'd very much like some support on the issue and I have a zip of all the configs but nothing changed and the last thing that tries to run is the sound driver (Opening SDL window) then the fatal error occurs

thank you in advance, hope this issue gets resolved

[​IMG]
    visual of the starbound error I receive

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  2. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Image broken? Anyway, all I can see that in the logs that can even give a hint at what the issue is is this one line;
    Code:
    [2] 14153d2 Star::SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline

If this means anything to anyone, please tackle what this means (I have no idea).

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your full specs. As for what i can see the game fails to create the game window.

~ Iris ~

4. NeopolitanFalls

I have a HP compaq nc8430
    1830GHz
    4GB of Ram
    AMD Mobility Radeon X1600 Graphics Card
    SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio Sound card

hope thats all you need, let me know if you have a solution or need anything more, thanks

here is the screenshot, hopefully that works, I'm hoping a solution is found soon....

Attached Files:

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

According to your log the next step should be determining the vsync state of your video card and initializing the sound (compared to a log which is fine).
    You could try disabling your soundcard (just for testing) and maybe force a vsync state in your video card driver settings.

~ Iris ~

6. NeopolitanFalls

While I'm hoping this works, could you perhaps walk me through how to do these, I'm still learning the in depth technical things