1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Fatal Error Access Violation tied to ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by VehicularZombicide, Nov 7, 2019.

1. VehicularZombicide

VehicularZombicide Master Chief

Starbound is throwing a fatal error access violation whenever I try to access my character through the character creation menu. I'm fairly certain it's tied to my ship because I was able to load the game by removing my shipworld file, but that leaves me with the starting ship and I've spent dozens of hours customizing mine. I've also tried the usual fixes- run as administrator, run in the background, and disable vsync- all of which did not help. I have not added any new mods recently, nor have any of them updated since I don't use the Steam Workshop, so that can't be it.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Update Starbound and your mods. Then see if the issue persists. We're at 1.4.4 already and not 1.4.1.
    Also the questionable mods will most likely break the game with 1.4.4 so it's better to remove them completly.
    Also keep in mind that removing mods on an existing universe can have unwanted side effects or even crash worlds completly.

3. VehicularZombicide

VehicularZombicide Master Chief

I don't see how that will fix it. It was playing just fine two days ago, and then it crashed today. I have not updated the game or any mods, nor have I added or removed any mods in the time between. Plus updating and removing mods that aren't compatible with 1.4.4 sounds like it will break my save anyway, leaving me right back at square one.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Your issue is mod-related and the mods you downloaded might be created for 1.4.4 and not 1.4.1 which might be the reason why this is happening. Also the log looks like that the world-generator is trying to generate at least one region based on data that is no longer present (or faulty) from other mods. If you refuse to update and get to the actual state of the game i cant do much for you.