1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Fatal Error Access Violation At Startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by themitch101, Apr 22, 2019.

1. themitch101

themitch101 Intergalactic Tourist

This happens about 80% of the time I start the game. Happens with and without mods. I have tried:
    -Compatibility mode
    -Running as admin
    -Running 32 bit mode
    -Turning off overlays
    -Running without steam
    -Turning off vsync
    -Windowed/Fullscreen modes

The only fix I have found is just to be persistent and keep loading the game until randomly one time the error does not happen.

I have attached the error message as well as the Starbound logs. I really am at a loss because I have found folks who have this issue but none of the fixes work.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide the log right after the crash happened. This log shows a normal gameplay-session.

3. themitch101

Never got the notification of a response to the updated log, jumped on the forum to see, I must've totally forgot to hit the "post reply" button last time or something. Here is the log right after the crash. I know of 2 friends having the exact same issue as well.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

You're missing dependency mods for Frackin Universe. A recommendation is given in the mod description on the workshop as well as here on the forums.

5. themitch101

Alright, I gave it a go and it appears to be working now. However, there must be some other problem too because I had the same (or similar) issue when just playing the vanilla game.

6. Iris Blanche

In vanilla this issue shouldn't appear at all. Maybe there was some old data in the storage folder?