Faster horse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SecretAgent3125, Sep 20, 2018.

1. SecretAgent3125

SecretAgent3125 Orbital Explorer

I believe that everyone can agree that the horse in stardew valley is too slow. It only provides you with an extra 30% speed. And I was searching for a mod that fixed that problem, and have found one. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2791
    But that mod has a problem, as it also increases walking speed to about the speed of running, and speeds up the tractor from tractor mod too.
    Then I decided to try to use content patcher to maybe manage to edit horse speed, but I simply can't find where the file is located.
    And so I was wondering if someone with a better understanding of modding this game could help me?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SecretAgent3125 Content Patcher lets you change the game's images, maps, and data files. Unfortunately horse speed is set in the code (not in the data files), so you'd need to create a SMAPI mod to change it. See the modder's guide to creating SMAPI mods if you're interested, and you can look at the code for faster-movement mods like CJB Cheats Menu to see how they do it.