1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Farming

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DatMuffinSkill, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatMuffinSkill

DatMuffinSkill Space Hobo

Hello Chucklefish community! I have recently started playing Starbound and am amazed with the game itself and content. The game is very straightforward but I am struggling a bit with crafting and recipes. I am starting out and want to make an automatic crop farm. I have enough crops to start my farm but the problem is it's not efficient enough. I have watched videos on automatic crop farms but the only problem is I don't know how to obtain these items, such as drains and sprinklers. I have checked the Starbound wiki but I have not found any crafting recipes or where to find this item. If anyone knows a thing or two about farming I would love to hear what you have to say!

2. Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

You can always check the Starbounder wiki for where to make a certain item. Sprinklers are made at an Agricultural Station and Drains are made at a Wiring Station. A sprinkler should be all you really need to automate a farm. If you want to extend automation, such as automatic harvesting and storing, you're going to need a mod like Frackin' Universe for items like a harvester turret and an item grabber. If you're new to Starbound, I suggest sticking with vanilla and using the sprinklers. The sprinklers won't put out enough water to need a drain. Once you get used to Starbound and have done what you wanted/beaten the game, then you can try out Frackin' Universe. It adds a lot of stuff and can get pretty confusing if you're not used to Starbound itself.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.