RELEASED FarmHouseExtended (Updated 25/4) (Exploding Machines Fixed)(Interior Only)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Mar 25, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

by my deduction skills and love of sherlock holmes, if you just edit the bottom half of the first/vanilla wallpaper on the walls_and_floors .png/xnb, and make it into whatever neutral that would go with most or all of the wallpapers in-game like wooden border you're good until this gets figured out.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
      Zelnite likes this.
    • QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

I might just do that try and find one with a wood like trim at the top a bit like the wizards house. See you have 3 layers in the house back building and front. The front is stuff taht is at the bottom of the map so as to give the opinion you walk behind it a bit and for stuff you want to partly lay over top of something else. The back is the flooring and wallsections ie the top half of the walls. The building layer is the things you place like the top roof trim the left right ceiling trim stuff you want to make impassable. the bottom part of the wall is just taht a building layer impassable. Done tht way to stop you from walking into the abys. I tried making it a wood look and add a front tile that was a thin wood trim at the bottom with transperant upper section to lay over top in the building layer. Thsi worked but due to the bottom wood half alkso being on the back layer the floor covering would take it over and you would get floor tiles pokeing through the bottom part of the wall. But if i can find a texture that has a nice top to it that would go nice as the bottom trim for all walls it would be sweet. Generally when you have a wall with a different textured top to bottom they are seperated by a wood or plaster trim to seperate the agressive sharp change. I have not found a tile that suits yet.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
      • Timroham

Timroham Scruffy Nerf-Herder

deadrun likes this.
      • QuantumConcious

Oh yeah i know how to do that would you like a Stove in the Starter house. Minus the fridge as the fridge has storage that is harcoded and not added by tile properties you just need to add the fridge. You can use nay style stove and just give it the tle properties, hell it could even be a cuboard.

deadrun likes this.
        • Timroham

Timroham Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I added a stove object to the top right corner of the starter house (right next to the fireplace.) the link in the above post is my edited xnb.
          [​IMG]

Cheers!

deadrun likes this.
          • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Nice xD

• QuantumConcious

Ok Ladies and Gentle Peeps I have been working hard to get this wallpaper thing fixed and i have done so as you can see in these pics
              Fixed Wall Papers
              http://imgur.com/a/goefx

I am tired and tomorrow i will work on adding the basements as they are in the current release of the mod to this version i have fixed, everything will be in the same place so no items should be out of bounds when you add them the onl;y thing that will change is that you can place wallpapers and flooring proper now.
              I will also fixed the walk through wall part in the hall leading to the bedroom That user mvhnexus pointed out Thankyou man
              and the stray tile in the bottom left of the house in the kitchen upgrade thata user over at the nexus Pointed out.
              Among other little fixes other have noticed.

I hope you all like the mod I do. :)

Superior_s, taintedwheat and Zelnite like this.
              • taintedwheat

Wait, I am confused, will this fix the wallpaper in the house entirely (w/o fuxkin with walls_and_floors)? [if it does can I get the png]
                Or what you're also saying is it can change the wallpaper and flooring in the basement?

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

It fixed the wallpaper on the house only

taintedwheat likes this.
                  • taintedwheat

Are using the house fixed like this now? (if he uploaded the version with fixed wallpaper, not sure ...did he?}

• darkvergus

darkvergus Void-Bound Voyager

he didnt yet

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

oh okay, forsure. sorry if i'm not sounding patient, just need some clarity -- I am also running on an insufficient amount of sleep either ahha

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Im using it now tho, what im using is a custom one i requested :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                          • taintedwheat

oh damn, you fancy huh :p well that's cool, saul good right? no problems?

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

yep all good still you can't put wallpaper and flooring on the basement xD

• taintedwheat

Did you have to do anything like with the notepad (because i will i just really do not want to do stuff idk doing) or mess with the .png for the wallpaper and floors(if you do, at least you can change it at mass downstairs)

Attached Files:

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

I didn't do anything, i think you can change the wall using tIDE

• taintedwheat

Just wondering, could you copy like the map layout of other houses and use them?

EDIT: THERE SHOULD BE A THIRD FLOOR LOLOL FOR A TRUE BASEMENT FEEL (plus already filling up the map with furniture)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                    • Delillah

Delillah Space Spelunker

I tried re-adding it and launching both with Storm and without. The game launches fine either way, but both versions have the same issue. I took a gif of the issue, provided below. I'll try to figure it out myself, but thank you for looking into it at least!

[​IMG]

• QuantumConcious

Yes all the editing i have done is by using tIDE Tile Map Editor