RELEASED FarmHouseExtended (Updated 25/4) (Exploding Machines Fixed)(Interior Only)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Mar 25, 2016.

1. mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

i downloaded this and its awesome! but i just found this bug lol

Attached Files:

• cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

HA you're an amazing person thank you!

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

I really love the work you've done, but I feel I should let you know that none of the crafting stuff, like the forge or the artisan machines and what not, work. They can be placed, but as soon as I try to use them, they...explode? Break? The forge will burst into flames when I try to place ore inside and the loom will break as soon as I get the cloth out, ect.

• Harmony001

Harmony001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WoW! This is awsomely Nice!!!

• roninenix

roninenix Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way of removing those boxes that spawn mushrooms? I Have 3 boxes on the bottom left area of the kitchen and it blocks the way into the basement of this mod. I can't remove those boxes with a pickaxe.

• QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Oh dang it i thought i fixed that in the Ver1.1 it was part of trying to make that part the hallways wallpaperable you can if you kame the top part the small wood slats either side on the front layer it allows you to wallpaper the hall like i did with the top hall to kids room. Unlike the top having no way for your character to actually get to the top part of the wall it was fine but down there you can. So i had to revert it back, I will have to check it again and rechange and reupload. The problem with having multiple sets of the same layout you have to change all together. LOL I will fix the issue count on it. I may have to rebuild the Last to versions FarmHouse2 and Garmhouse Married to rid this damn wallpaper at bottom of walls bug hopefully thats is as all the other tiers bellow the final the wallpaper is fine.

• QuantumConcious

You have mushroom boxes in the kitchen how is that possible non of my map varitions even have mushroom boxes in them

• QuantumConcious

Ok thats a strange bug as i have had kilns and forges produce product in the basement no problem. Have not done Kegs yet or anything else as yet. Will take a look thanks

• QuantumConcious

Thanks known isue i am trying to resolve may require remaking the last two farmhouse file eg. Farmhouse2 and Farmhouse_Marriage

mvhnexus likes this.
                    • QuantumConcious

I have not been able to replicate this i even downloaded the zip i supply a link to and added it to my game for prosterity and i can enter and exit every version from the starter to the Kitchen to kitchen married to Full house to Fullhouse Married. I use Smapi Via the SDVMM , Storm stopped working for me the game just crashes when trying to load with storm

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Ive tested this already and none of my kegs, kilins etc. break nor exploded. im 100% sure.

• QuantumConcious

This is not a bad idea the issue i see with it is that the area that yopu have the transitional entrance to the greenhouse that has been moved from it origional location to the far right. If anyone uses a mod that has this and already has stuff planted in a previous greenhouse the plants will still be in the void at the transition spot ad appear to be in the blackness. I would suggest nayone who uses this to make sure all crops are harvested and removed from your basement before using this one so save face basically. To prevent you seeing plants and evetually dead ones forever in the background.

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

I downloaded the minecarts one and my house is upgraded to level 2, if that counts for anything.

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Oh, i forgot that there is another version with minecart. but ive tried the no minecart and its working fine and im also at 2nd upgrade of house (with the bedroom for the baby right?) im not married yet tho.

• Timroham

Timroham Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I ended up doing a thing, and from opening the other mod and seeing how it ticked, I ended up adding the stove to your version of the first farmhouse. I'm super pleased about figuring it out, but I have no idea if I can or should offer my efforts to the public (considering it is basically just a merged version of both mod files, effectively.)

Thanks for everything you do, tIDE is not user friendly at all!

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

I downloaded the other version and I still get the same problem. I went without any house mods but this one and I still end up "breaking" the various machines. Not really sure why it would happen with my game but not others, but I just thought you should know.

Still a very cool place to put my chests and things. :)

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Ive tried just now the version with cart, nothing happen when i use the kegs, furnace etc. working fine nothing breaks or exploded. :) must be the mods? are you using any?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                                    • Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Just cosmetic stuff, nothing that should change the gameplay.

• QuantumConcious

Temporary fix for the wallpaper glitch on the final tier houses
                                        This will not solve the issue with the base of the wall not being wall papered but it will stop it from looking like crap you will just have to deal with the vanilla Walls and floors.
                                        The wallpaper issue only happens with the final t tiers of the house Farmhouse 2 and Farmhouse2_marriage

What to do

Requires a text editor.
                                        I recommend Notepad++
                                        1# Locate your save by using start menu, search %appdata%/StardewValley
                                        2# Open your save folder it will be something like Farmhouse1_117994498 where Farmhouse1 is the name of your character
                                        3# Open the folder and then open the file with the same name as folder eg. Farmhouse1_117994498 , Use Notepad++ Preferably
                                        4# Press ctrl+F to open the find menu and look for the this <wallPaper>
                                        You should find something like this:-
                                        Code:
                                               <wallPaper>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                               </wallPaper>
                                               <floor>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                                 <int>0</int>
                                               </floor>

Change all of it from <wallPaper> to </floor>
                                        to look like this:
                                        Code:
                                               <wallPaper />
                                               <floor />

Now save your file and load your game up and select the save

Now all your wall papers and flooring will be back to normal. Meaning Unwallpapered and unFloortiled/Carpeted (Vanilla)

This will not solve the issue with the base of the wall not being wall papered but it will stop it from looking like crap you will just have to deal with the vanilla Walls and Floors.

The wallpaper issue only happens with the final tiers of the house
                                        I have tried my best to find why it is doing the wallpaper issue but to no evail, So i figured out a fix for now albeit a temporary one. I have spent hrs trying to fix this issue and i can't i am so so sorry guys. It breaks my heart that we have to deal with a house that is vanilla or a house that has a glitchy bottom part of wall.

101 of modding, using mods or editing files
                                        Always Back up save before doing editts
                                        Always backup files before adding changed ones

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

i really don't feel like doing that at this moment since I just downloaded this and like super tired and just want to put furniture and go to bed, however, i was screwing around with like the wallpaper and farmhouse_tiles (cuz i hate the default kid and break up wallpaper in between) and I was jimmying with replacing them and what not, but another idea, is if you don't just want the vanilla background is retexturize it in farmhouse and the floors and wallpaper files and try to do it to your liking, or make a wooden border across. I didn't successfully do that as I just came across it now, but noticed that it's pink (the vanilla paper, although not completely, missed a vertical row of pixels.

Also, if one wants to can edit over the brick stone wall in the basement, by either a. coloring the bricks to desire or b. choosing a wallpaper and cover the stone file in farmhouse_tiles (can just either take the angles already given for other houses or re color the stone [mine is pink]. Although I wonder, but probably not, would this allow paintings on the wall? (it isn't the case now)

EDIT: Same application may be done to the ground image presumably. I'm assuming it will edit all the places with stone in game. Like the personal cave with two tiers, when you talk to the dwarf, but idk (aww kewt)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016