Modding Help Farmhouse_tiles not parsed from game directory?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Bloocifer, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bloocifer

Bloocifer Space Hobo

Hi there, I'm currently graphics-modding my little heart out and I've run into a perplexing issue:

Using either SMAPI or direct xnb file replacement, I've been unable to get farmhouse_tiles.xnb to change to the modded file.

So far I've:

- Completely uninstalled and reinstalled SV and started with a blank slate
    - Confirmed no other mods are available to conflict
    - Tried several xnb encoding programs
    - verified that the .png file is in fact the edited file
    - verified that the changed files are both in /content and /content/maps

It's been about six hours now and I'm left scratching my head. This problem is specific to farmhouse_interiors, and no other file I've modded appears to have this behavior.

Any thoughts? This is turning into quite the project to just change the interior of my house!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Bloocifer Xnb mods are not reliable, they can break your game and in 1.4 game update (coming soon) they will be broken badly. For making changes in how your game looks, use Content Patcher. It's well documented and allows you do a wide variety of things to the game files. CP packs are quite easy to make, usually just a few lines of text in a couple .json files and a .png or .tbin - unless you're trying something like making a new NPC.

• Bloocifer

Bloocifer Space Hobo

Unfortunately Content Patcher and SMAPI have also not been successful at changing the house interior.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Make sure you are targeting the correct version of farmhouse_tiles. There are two copies in the files, as well as an older unused version. ATDSV has an example of how to correctly patch the beds, etc :D