RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Ok, this one should give a bit more info when it errors out to hopefully give me an idea what's going on. It'll probably still not work, but should point me more in the right direction. Even if its the exact same error. But there should be additional text before the error.

Attached Files:

• Avarice0107

Avarice0107 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually I just noticed that 2 items are being collected, 1 pine tar and a Cranberries Jelly, weird.

Full log below, error message begins:

[01:51:09.307 AM] [INFO] Collecting a Pine Tar from your Tapper. The next Pine Tar will be ready in 9390
      [01:51:09.308 AM] [INFO] Collecting a Cranberries Jelly from your Preserves Jar.
      [01:51:09.308 AM] [ERROR] OBJECT NOT FOUND
      [01:51:09.309 AM] [ERROR] MACHINE: Preserves Jar
      [01:51:09.311 AM] [ERROR] an error occured with the automation mod: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.Processors.MachineHelper.ProcessMachine(Object machine, Chest connectedChest, MaterialHelper materialHelper, MachineConfig machineConfig)
      at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.Processors.MachinesProcessor.ProcessMachines()
      at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.ItemCollectorMod.<Entry>b__6_4(Object s, EventArgsIntChanged e)

Attached Files:

• Thvar

Thvar Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, seems difficult. In the crab pot case, it's always just 5 as far as I've been able to tell, but I admit my sample size is small. And either way, hard coding it in is a bit irksome.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Edit: Actually, I'm able to recreate the error now, I'll have it fixed in a few.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
          • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Alrighty, a real fix is up now, really sorry about that, but let me know if you guys have anymore errors!

• Avarice0107

I believe I've checked all of the machines on my test save and everything looks to be working, cheers for the work you've put into getting this up and running again. This mod spoiled me and I was seriously dreading having to mess with large amounts of machines again.

• Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Praise the Sun... wait sorry wrong game -.-!!!! Praise maddy99
                12-10-2016 7-43-23 PM.png

Edit : There's something wrong with Wild Honey -> Keg process. the mod wont pick up the honey in chest it might be recipe problem or something like that, bcause the mod processes coffee and starfruit (or other stuff like hops or ancient fruit) with no problem

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Bah! Well, at least everything else is working, lol. I forgot that honey's name can change, try to edit the ItemCollectorConfiguration.json and replace this line -
                  { "Name": "Honey" },
                  with this instead -
                  { "Index": 340 },

If it fixes, then no big deal, I can get a change out whenever.

Edit: Tested with your data again, so yeah, looks like that was the issue. I went ahead and uploaded a new version with the fix

Felicity_Bane, Mayowahki and RionKatt like this.
                  • Mayowahki

Mayowahki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for your hard work maddy99, I didn't know I needed this mod so much before I tried it.

sinnoaria and Felicity_Bane like this.
                    • charlottenoyen

charlottenoyen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same here, thanks so much!

• kaizer777

kaizer777 Void-Bound Voyager

Sheds appear to be working fine now. Thank you!

• Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep Fixed Thank you very much ( ̄▽ ̄)ゞ

• UDReese

UDReese Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to add my thanks for updating this mod. I quit playing when the update came out because I didn't feel like I'd "finished" what I'd had in mind with my game up to that point, and this mod (and it's "companion", the barn door automation mod) were key in my little winery/preserves empire. Thank you so much for your time and effort! (Now if someone would update the timespeed mod so I could slow down the day again, my mods would be complete again. :) )

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
                            • Avarice0107

Well boy do I have news for you... time speed works with 1.1:party:
                              I read awhile back that Time Speed would not work in new areas added by mods though I never tested that. So I don't know if it works in the shed or basement but I'm using it right now in a new playthrough and it's working just fine.

• UDReese

UDReese Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for this. I no sooner posted that above than I saw it mentioned elsewhere (Reddit, I think) that Timespeed was working so I went off to check and sure enough it is. I don't know why I didn't think it was. Thanks again.

• Gigadroid

Gigadroid Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there maddy, I noticed that chests weren't providing honey to kegs to produce Mead. Is this issue only on my end (possibly mod conflict)?

EDIT: GAHHH I didn't read the latest posts in this thread. Looks like it's fixed? Testing now. Thanks!

• Gigadroid

Gigadroid Void-Bound Voyager

maddy, how does the seed maker work? It seems to only work when I input a crop first, only then it will seed the remaining crops. I can't seem to make it seed crops from a chest by itself. Cheers

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Should be same as any other machine, input items go in chest, then they process. The only thing unique about the seed maker is how the items that it accepts are loaded into a list, it's built when the game runs. If for whatever reason that list is empty, then when the processing event fires for the seed maker, I could see it /then/ populating the list. Basically, having to use it once to get it started. But that shouldn't be happening. Can you provide logs as I'm unable to reproduce?

• chirisu

chirisu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how exactly does the crab pot works?
                                        I was able to get the line of crab pots working on the pier but only managed to get 3 to work in the farm big pond . .can't get it to work in other places,
                                        I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to make it touch the chest but really can't get it to "touch" except the pier and the big pond. . any tips?
                                        thank you!

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

crab pots will only work in the following areas by default -
                                          Farm, Greenhouse, FarmHouse, FarmCave, Beach, Cellar

You'll have to add more areas to the ItemCollectorConfiguration.json in order for them to work in different locations, a fairly complete list of all areas is also in that same file. Also, only one has to touch the chest as long as the others are touching that one, or if you allow diagonals, again in the JSON, any of the surrounding tiles will count.