RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

11-10-2016 12-46-21 AM.png

Here's the item in chest.
    Main idea is : KEG pick item from the chest (in this case either coffee beans, Starfruit or Hops) process it, then put it back into the same chest (cofee Starfruit wine and Pale Ale)

oh and i put that coffee into chest manually since the collector is not functional
    11-10-2016 12-47-03 AM.png

Edit : using SMAPI-0.40.1.1-3

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • dav1

dav1 Void-Bound Voyager

it seems that I solved the problem by replacing the items out of the floor

Cattura1.PNG

i think the stone floor is considered connector

• e1mir

e1mir Orbital Explorer

It seems that in latest version cheese maker wont work, I put it next to chest in barn. Chest still picks up milk but cheese maker wont process it to cheese.

Edit:
        Made it work, it seems I just needed to change position few times to make it work.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Any chance you can just zip your entire MOD directory and send it to me? If you can find it, maybe a copy of your save as well. I can't recreate the issue you're having, basically everything works fine for me.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

It might be an issue with how the machine locations are checked. I don't like how its done so I think I might see if I can improve that.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

New version up! Should hopefully help with some of the stability issues some folks are reporting.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

The new file is throwing an "Access is denied" for the .DLL file on the newest version. o_O

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I'm an idiot, probably. I didn't bother checking to see if you have write access to that directory. One minute!

Ok, updated the original post with hopefully a fixed one. If you're still getting the error, can you screenshot it?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
                  • freevortex

freevortex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whoops, just downloaded the not-fixed version about 5 minutes ago :rofl: Downloading the new one now, I'll let you know if it works!

Edit: game loaded up just fine!

• Xaaci

Sure here you go. Kegs in the shed are manually filled atm.

Attached Files:

• SpringsSong

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Hi, Im a big fan of your work. In future update can you add the ability to exclude certain items from being processed by changing the configuration file. I don't want the mayo machine to process my dino eggs and I have no idea how to tweak that from the config file at the moment.

Kattia likes this.
                        • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

That looks more like a permissions error on your machine, you'll need to make sure you have permissions on that folder. As an example, you /should/ be able to extract the folder to your desktop.

The config file already supports this, actually. You'll just need to delete this section from the ItemCollectorConfiguration.json file -

{
                          "Name": "Dinosaur Egg",
                          "AmountRequired": 1
                          }

lambui likes this.
                          • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Thanks for that, it'll give me a good opportunity to test. From the looks of it, the original code has issues finding machines and chests 100% accurately in busy setups, several times the log said there were zero locations in your shed, for example. I can rearrange your kegs and chest in the shed(even to the same configuration) and it will eventually work, same for the keg and preserves jar in your house. I'm getting close to where I need to rewrite that functionality anyways to accommodate the mill and hut, so I guess that'll be my next goal. That's a pretty tricky bit of code though, and my time might be a bit limited for the rest of the week, so it might be a day or two before I can get anything out. In the meantime, I guess just keep rearranging until it works?

• Xaaci

Take your time, i can wait :D

• Kefkah

Kefkah Big Damn Hero

Hey hey! Thanks for the update! Now, I just went and double checked, it doesn't appear that the new Farm maps are included in the current list of places to check. They're listed as Farm_Mining, Farm_Foraging, Farm_Fishing, Farm_Combat. I attempted to insert those into places to check, but I simply don't think it's currently configured to go looking for them. Went and tried it on a normal farm map, and everything works great. My mining map? Not so much.

• lizak

lizak Master Chief

Can the auto collector get Iridium Eggs or Milk?
                                  The highest quality I got is gold about 2 months game time.

• SpringsSong

Well, it let me extract it without complaint to the desktop... which is weird because normally it lets me extract straight to my Steam folder without complaint. o_O Thanks~

• Felicity_Bane

Felicity_Bane Void-Bound Voyager

With the latest fix, my modded sheds and greenhouse no longer work. I couldn't find "shed" in the list of buildings. Does it have another name? The mining farm seems to work fine, though.

Thank you so much for your work on this. This is my favorite mod by far.

• Yuanqing

Yuanqing Space Hobo

Man this is like whac-a-mole, I updated to 2.5.6 and it still won't collect from wormbin and recycling machine, if it matters they are in a shed. As for the Statues of Endless Fortune and Statue of Perfection, before (2.5.4 or maybe 2.5.5) they didn't work in Shed, and when it get put them in the house they also don't work. After 2.5.6, they get collected in the house, but when I put them in the Sheds, they don't get collected next morning.

I thinking of reverting the version before the cask fix, i don't know