RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. charlottenoyen

charlottenoyen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks so much for doing this, it really is a must have mod and it's working brilliantly for me.

One thing though, is it possible to turn off the notifications every time a machine deposits something in the chests?

• lizak

lizak Master Chief

Could you make Jumino hut and mill work as chest that they can collect items?

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Coincidentally, it looks like the MaxQuality property works just fine, even with NewMachines, I was just testing the wrong machines. *blush*

I've actually been kind of working on that. The mechanics for grabbing the items are a bit strange and I'm trying to find a decent way to disable it that isn't a total rewrite and also doesn't break everything. Stay tuned!

I haven't got the hut yet, but I'm still working on getting the mill running. Does the hut work the same as the mill? A chest with all crops dumped in that you can empty?

• Thvar

Thvar Void-Bound Voyager

I'm quite a fan of that personally, so please make it an optional change if you do!

Also, I've been working on adding all the NewMachines stuff to your mod. Is there any insight you can offer into the available categories? Now I'm adding most of the items one by one, but it'd be nice if there were others than just fruits and veggies.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the file itself or not, but if you unpack the ObjectInformation XNB located in .\Stardew Valley\Content\Data\ObjectInformation.xnb, it has a list of pretty much all of the items in the game, here's a sample -

165: "Scorpion Carp/150/-50/Fish -4/It's like a regular carp but with a sharp stinger./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            166: "Treasure Chest/5000/-300/Basic/Wow, it's loaded with treasure! This is sure to fetch a good price./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            167: "Joja Cola/25/5/Fish -20/The flagship product of Joja corporation./drink/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0" #!String
            168: "Trash/0/-300/Fish -20/It's junk./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            169: "Driftwood/0/-300/Fish -20/A piece of wood from the sea./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            170: "Broken Glasses/0/-300/Fish -20/It looks like someone lost their glasses. They're busted./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            171: "Broken CD/0/-300/Fish -20/It's a JojaNet 2.0 trial CD. They must've made a billion of these things./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            172: "Soggy Newspaper/0/-300/Fish -20/This is trash./Day Night^Spring Summer Fall Winter" #!String
            174: "Large Egg/95/15/Basic -5/It's an uncommonly large white egg!" #!String
            176: "Egg/50/10/Basic -5/A regular white chicken egg." #!String
            178: "Hay/0/-300/Basic/Dried grass used as animal food." #!String
            180: "Egg/50/10/Basic -5/A regular brown chicken egg." #!String
            182: "Large Egg/95/15/Basic -5/It's an uncommonly large brown egg!" #!String
            184: "Milk/125/15/Basic -6/A jug of cow's milk./drink/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0" #!String
            186: "Large Milk/190/20/Basic -6/A large jug of cow's milk./drink/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0" #!String
            188: "Green Bean/40/10/Basic -75/A juicy little bean with a cool, crisp snap." #!String

The bolded numbers are the category, and it doesn't look like everything has a category. Truth be told, categories are handled a bit messily in game.

• Thvar

Thvar Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting. Thanks. Anyway, didn't use categories, but here's a configuration updated to accept most of the stuff in the NMM mod. Didn't add Mill or Tank since their purpose is now served by the new Mill. Or mixer, but mostly because I don't use it. The rest of it seems to work well given my cursory testing.

Attached Files:

• lizak

lizak Master Chief

In 2.5.4
                The items on Statue of Endless Fortune and Statue of Perfection are not collected.
                It don't insert slimes to Slime Egg-Press even the chest has over 100 slimes.

And in 2.5.2
                Auto Collecting can not get Petrified Slime in the slime hutch.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                • Thiero

Thiero Big Damn Hero

It would appear there is some issue with using iridium quality materials, as only normal, silver star and gold star items are moved by the chests. Usually this isn't an issue, but I have the forager skill which causes all foraged items to be iridium star quality when picked up.

• the_grim_gamer

the_grim_gamer Big Damn Hero

So I've been trying to figure out how to work this mod and I tried putting paths underneath some furnaces connecting to chests with coal and copper in them but any distance between them without a machine seems to stop them from smelting new ore, the chests will grab the bars that get smelted if I put them in manually but unless it's solid furnaces and chests they won't pull more resources to smelt. Is that something other people are experiencing because the gifs on the original mod page make me think it should be possible to go Furnace With Path-Empty Path-Chest With Path and have it smelt continuously.

• Yuanqing

Yuanqing Space Hobo

I tried the latest version 2.5.4 (the one that should fix the cask) and some machines stopped from collecting, including the Statue of Endless Fortune and Statue of Perfection, Worm Bin and Recycling, maybe more but I haven't checked everything.

• charlottenoyen

charlottenoyen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same here, I'm having this problem with the kegs and casks as well.

• Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Problem with kegs and pickle jars. both wont pick up & store item. log in SMAPI says looking for item but no actual process
                          Furnace, honey is working properly haven't tested other machine yet

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Statues and press /should/ be working in 2.5.5

Slime Hutch is a special case, I'll have to work with that one a bit.

This /should/ be fixed now, for some reason, quality levels go 0,1,2,4 not 0,1,2,3.
                            Should hopefully be fixed now, I can confirm they all work for me at least.

If you're still having this problem in 0.2.5.5, what items and quality levels are you working with?

• Xaaci

normal quality

This is my setup
                              11-10-2016 12-01-48 AM.png

Smapi Log
                              11-10-2016 12-03-36 AM.png

Furnace is working properly i don't really know why that keg wont work
                              Seedmaker also working properly
                              11-10-2016 12-17-44 AM.png

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                              • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

It looks like you're using another mod that adds its own items? Those items will need to be added to the ItemCollectorConfiguration.json in order for the machines to pull them. Also, unless that mod changes it, coffee is a finished product, it'd be coffee beans you have to place in the chest.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Just to make sure, you need to be using the regular wooden path(looks like boards spaced out parallel to each other), unless you add other tiles, and the line needs to be a continuous line between chest and machine, no breaks.

• Xaaci

• dav1

dav1 Void-Bound Voyager

I try 0.2.5.5 but Furnace, seed maker... etc still don't work, i put near chest

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Coffee isn't a valid keg recipe, unless you're saying the keg isn't putting the coffee in the chest once coffee beans are finished processing. It will only ever take it out if you have a recipe that has coffee as an input.

Regarding the second item in the chest, I have no idea what that is, so I can't comment on it, but I'm assuming its not a vanilla item, in which case it won't process until you manually add it.

How about a screenshot of your chest setup?

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Near or next to a chest? Can you provide a screenshot?