Farm name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoseiri, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I named my latest save Acorn Grove.

• ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

My new farm name is "Pine Valley"

I didn't notice the "valley" part, until it was too late.

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

My first ever farm was named Driftwood Farm. It's a recurring name that started off when I played Harvest Moon: Magical Melody. I can't remember what my original farm name was, but I remember thinking at the time, 'You know what was a missed opportunity? Not calling it Driftwood.' So when I got Stardew, I actually decided to create Driftwood. It's not actually the Riverside farm, before anyone asks. It's the Forest farm. I actually really love Driftwood, though. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if I kept on using the name in other games- or games where the name fits, at least.

For my secondary farm, I went with the Hilltop Farm, and I could imagine it being quite cold, so I named that one North Wind Farm. I don't have the same sort of attachment to it as Driftwood, but I actually really love the name.

And just now, I started a third farm. It's nothing much, just being called Quill Farm, but like Driftwood, it's another recurring name- in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, I've always named the team 'Team Quill'. So I decided to continue this into Stardew as well. It's just the standard farm- I feel like, after the Forest and Hilltop Farms, I need more space for a change.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
        • Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

I named my first one "Sunnyside Farm".
          After that I had a "Hazelnut", a "Fairyrose" and a "Wildwurzel" Farm (the last can be translated into "Wild root" farm)

Nowadays I use "Junimo" farm the most time I play the game. I think this name matches perfect :)

• SunStunBros

SunStunBros Aquatic Astronaut

I've named my farms off of various places from games and/or animes. Magnolia, Hyrule, and Amestris were all past farms. :D

Saraneth likes this.
            • Zatnik

Zatnik Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My first farm was called McFarmface Farm, because I wasn't certain I'd enjoy the game and so didn't put much thought into it. :p For the rest, I've named the farm based on the character:
              • My second character's name happened to have "Hera" in it, so I named the farm Pavo Farm, "pavo" being the Latin word for peacocks, which were associated with the Greek goddess Hera
              • I ended up creating my third character with kind of a combat theme, so to continue the Greek mythology theme I chose Areia Farm as a farm name, since according to Wikipedia "Areia" was an epithet given to goddesses who had taken on a warrior aspect
              • My most recent character is an incarnation of an existing story character of mine, so I named their farm Rainbowfairy Farm after another character who I think was part of my inspiration in creating them

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hm. The only two I remember are Cherry Farm and Gaia Farm. Nothing too spectacular or clever.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

My main lives and works on Getaway Farm (as in I need to get away from RL for a bit).
                  Joja Shill lives on Sell Out Farm, and rides a horse named Shortcut. (Guess which route I took for the community center...)
                  [434][74][337] lives on Glitch Farm and has way too much energy.
                  Challenger is frozen in her final day (Winter 6, Year 1) on One Year Farm.
                  久子 (Hisako) lives on 和園牧場 ("Wa'en Bokujō", Japanese Park Farm), which is so themed and is a chance to practice my Japanese.

And because I am a complete dork with no imagination, Link lives on Hyrule Farm and Anduin on Stormwind Farm.

wronghandle likes this.
                  • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Haha

Could have put him on Orgrimmar Farm and set it for monsters to come out at night. Would seem somehow fitting. :whoop:

Chikaku and Saraneth like this.
                    • buffwaldo

buffwaldo Aquatic Astronaut

My current farm is "Moon Rise Farm" but my last one was "drogon's farm"

• TaleSpinnerGames

TaleSpinnerGames Industrial Terraformer

Ok, this is extremely cheesy but one of my early farms was called "Moisture Farm" (with a farmer named Luke, a cat named Yoda, and a horse named Skywalker.) This was done pretty much entirely so that I could chuckle when Mayor Lewis would say, "How are things going on Moisture Farm? I'd hate to see it all dried up."
                        My current farm-in-progress (which I'm YouTubing) is "Storybook Farm." I was torn between that and "Fantasy Farm" - because where outside of a fantasy can you find a farm where the weeds don't stubbornly grow back in the middle of your garden plots, there's apparently no market limit to the amount of product you can ship, no taxes, and no Board of Health regulations for your brewery or cheesemaking operations, and you can keep a 24-cow dairy farm without ever having to deal with manure? ;-)

• Adalva

Adalva Lucky Number 13

Feller Farm, alliteration all the way

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I called my first farm (on the standard map) Avalon Glade, and my more recent riverland farm Sapphire Lake.

• DevilishxDave

DevilishxDave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I named mine Moontear Farm

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I took a break from the game for a month and only just started a new farm. My farmer's name is Paul, after my husband, and the farm is called Wigan because that's the name of the city in Northern England he grew up in.

• LordRayden

LordRayden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I named my farm after the one thing I associate the most with this game. I named it Harmony Farm („Harmonie Hof“ in german).
                                  I thought the name would fit well regarding the story context.

• joeltb

joeltb Void-Bound Voyager

Main farm is: 420 Farm. 2nd farm is: Gettin' High.

• ChocoCoco

ChocoCoco Space Spelunker

Nutterdam Farm is my go-to farm name. It's stealth swearing but still sounds cute.

• Honeywell

Honeywell Phantasmal Quasar

Honeydale Farm. It's a play on my name and it sounded picturesque and farm-y to me.

• BigBerries

BigBerries Tentacle Wrangler

Humblestone Farm was my first farm. My latest is Pellenor Fields Farm :)