RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SCMowns

SCMowns Space Hobo

Excellent mod man, I made a spotlight video to promote it :)

Advize likes this.
    • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, thanks for letting me know about it. Might link to it in the main post since my video is so outdated (if that's alright with you). Btw, I am working on constructing farm buildings on the new plot and it's mostly done but I'm having issues trying to minimize potential conflicts with other mods. I'll figure it out eventually though.

Jinxiewinxie and Superior_s like this.
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Instead of minimizing conflicts, maybe look into creating a API-style dll for the functionality? So instead of making each mod re-implement the wheel, just share the same basic design, then you dont need to worry about incompatibility, and if it becomes mature and popular enough, can then be made part of SMAPI itself.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

The issue has been brought up with ClxSs and has been discussed several times on #stardewvalley-mods. There are pros and cons to each proposed solution so far, ultimately it's going to come down to someone making a decision one way or the other or coming up with a more innovative solution. I'm pretty busy irl currently so I only get short periods of time where I'm able to work on anything. I'm just waiting for opportunities to put time into doing my own modding while simultaneously waiting on API progress.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
          • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

is this compatible with "[No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible)" ? i already planted things on the extended farm. now i wanted to test your mod because i dont need to replace original files with it. so my question: is your mod the same size? and do I lose previous planted crops etc?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Yes it is compatible, I've personally tested it and can confirm. Also, your save is fine and you won't lose anything by loading my mod.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
              • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

thats neat, thanks for answering :)

• ssgb99

ssgb99 Intergalactic Tourist

can't build in this place right? (carpenter)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not at the moment, although he's working on making it possible for the next update.

• ided

ided Void-Bound Voyager

Ahh I did an install video for this but looks like SCMowns beat me to it.
                      I'll leave it here just in case anyone finds it helpful, not so much a spotlight as a guide to downloading, installing and using the mod .

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you, this is very helpful. I'll be placing it in the OP to replace my old video that I never got around to replacing.

One thing though. I don't know if it was just me, but the audio was only in the left channel. I actually thought my headset broke until I tried listening to different audio.

Also, were you unable to get it working in the %appdata% directory? The mod can be installed there as well, I thought I had included that in the readme but I can't really remember.

Jinxiewinxie and ClxS like this.
                        • ided

ided Void-Bound Voyager

You did, but I find it a better idea to keep the game and all files in the same location and not store non-system files on the os drive, I never understood why people would want to install mods into a hidden system folder making it hard to locate and update or even see what mods you have, specially considering how regularly a lot of these mods update.

I'll investigate into the audio as its a stereo mix so same audio should come from both sides.

• mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

is this compatible with Tego's Stardew Expansion mod?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes it is, as tego leaves the right-side cliffs unchanged, Advize's map edits create the path properly without tile issues :)

• mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

ok, i got both this mod and Tego's mod and theres no entrance to the extended farm.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Tego changed how his map is loaded, and that is undoing the tile edits this one does, report the issue at Tego's topic.

mvhnexus likes this.
                                  • lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

GREAT GREAT WORKS!!!!!!!!! But we want build henhouse in the new area! Hope Robin can show there soon!

Do u wanna do this? ~~~ (>_<) ~~~

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'm 90% done with this. Hit a snag tonight that is forcing me to go back and redesign the entire carpenter construction menu. Hoping to have the update out before the weekend is over.

• lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

:3:3:3 LIKE UR WORK. GOOK LUCK!

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

It's done. Currently packaging all materials and updating READMEs and all that fun stuff.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.