RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I don't see why not. Populating areas with objects via code isn't difficult from what I've seen. I don't have time to test it out right now though.

• H4710

H4710 Void-Bound Voyager

Good stuff! But the entrance is too small to ride a horse...

• eefge

eefge Pangalactic Porcupine

Naamloos.png do i need to click there to enter?
        or just walk

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
        • jomarcenter

jomarcenter Space Spelunker

Can you mod the map to make it looks like a part of a land I mean like a actual path to it?

• eefge

i go there and nothing happens?

how did you enter

• KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Oh wow you can place furniture there! Can you place furniture on your own farm as well, or everywhere? Cause I'd very much like that.

• dk2020

dk2020 Space Penguin Leader

may i suggest checking your code source into git so other coders can simply collaborate with you via git. Its much easier to work with code via git than paste-bin. Keep up the good work

• eefge

i use Storm-0.1.1.0_GIT-6a1361b

but its not working

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

From your position you would just walk southwest into the mountain. No need to click anything, although I am exploring alternative methods for accessing the new area.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

There's nothing to collaborate on, really. The mod is done, the code is available.

So you're using storm, but did you download the storm version? Are you running the game by running StormLoader.exe? Does it say "mods loaded: #" in the title bar?

Edit: Just re-read what version you're using. With that Storm build, the entire structure of mods and what they have access to has changed or been removed. This is why I link to a previous storm build in my main post.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                      • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I could but that means editing the map file which is mostly what this mod is aiming to avoid. I have to first find a way to do this through code, but I think I'm getting close to achieving this.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure what you mean, I have no issue getting in or out on my horse.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

You can technically place furniture anywhere, but there's a lot of extra scenarios I'd have to take into consideration when allowing this. I'll probably look into it later this week.

KingJoey likes this.
                            • ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is interesting.. my question here is.. is it possible to add monster spawns to a map like this? if so it sets up for a very nice time to make some zelda-esque dungeon exploring.

• eefge

stormbuild.png this build?? i did every thing now
                                and still not working

o and my stardew valley version is 1.51

• eefge

anyone?

• eefge

bump!

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, been busy with school but I'm getting back to the grind now. From what I understand, you're using the latest build of Storm which is kind of potato right now. Please use the earlier Storm build linked to in the main post, or try out the SMAPI version.

In other news, Seberoth from the modding irc channel has been making massive additions and rewrites to my code. It's now possible to dynamically modify existing locations without editing their .xnb files! In the next release, a path in the western wall of the Farm will be opened up instead of utilizing "hidden warp points". In addition to this, crops will now be watered when it rains (oops, should have caught this earlier). And if all goes as expected, grass and other debris such as stones and logs should generate properly in both the SMAPI and Storm versions.

BoffoBoy and Superior_s like this.
                                      • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Sounds amazing.

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Well since there is talk about house upgrades I so want the room back that is dominated by the crib and beds. I never plan on having kids so is there a way to simply hide that garbage so it's still there but is not eating up the room. That way if for some reason I accidentally have kids, they are banished to the nether regions like rug rats need to be.

Also, the attached image happened when the house upgraded and screwed up all my wall paper; I cannot change it in game. Can it be made that one can change the corridor floor (oh you can change the floor) and wall both so it no longer looks like a total airlock?

Total edit: So the fact that you can change corridor floor is new to me (I always go wall paper first) it's like the wall panel not updating on application seems a bug as nothing else makes sense.

Not sure how easy that would be to fix as a mod but I'll try and let Concerned Ape know this is an issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016